Ch. 4: You Have One, Too?

Start from the beginning

I made a silent prayer for Papyrus, then stood. My hand brushed another flower, and I heard crying again. Not normal crying, but crying snores. He was sleeping by his grave?

My eyes, barely even dried from a few seconds ago, started getting wet again. "What a dedicated brother," I murmured. "I'm sorry for your loss, Sans."

With that, I turned and left the field. But not before I picked a few flowers and placed them over Papyrus's grave. Also, when I reached the edge, I swear I saw a yellow star glitching out. But it disappeared. Again.

Would you like to continue?
•Yes   •No

>•Yes<

I teleported to Waterfall again. I usually did this when the memories overcame me and/or I needed to cry. As it turned out, I came here every day. Heh. Chara would think me a wimp, wouldn't she? Maybe I am. But that's what happens when you're not a psychopath.

...Am I seriously taking jabs at her in my thoughts? *sigh* I'm going nuts.

When I opened my eyes, I stared at Pappy's grave. There were fresh echo flowers on it that I definitely did not put there.

I growled. The human was here. What is it with me and missing them? I'm always a step behind them! It's seriously getting annoying.

But...why would they place flowers?

I kneeled next to his grave and started tapping the flowers. The same, the same, the same, the same...wait a minute...

I went back to the last one and touched it again. I heard a female voice read his headstone aloud, and start crying. It had to be the human. However, her next sentence made me stop.

"You've got one, too?"

...

Wait...

...

What?

Did...the human...

Is that why...?

Why they...

Why she...

Did she have a dead brother, too?

...

I tapped the next flower, trying to ignore the pounding in my soul.

"What a dedicated brother. I'm sorry for your loss, Sans."

...

Thank you, my soul whispered silently. Thank you for telling me that. I needed it.

...

Also...

...

You know...

...

Your voice is...

...

Kinda...

...

...Cute...

...

...

Wait...

...

WHAT?!

I stood up suddenly, very furious.

What in the world was I just thinking?!

I can't feel like this! No! I just...I just can't!

...

Then why is my soul pounding so hard? Why can't I help but think about how kind they are? What is wrong with me?

I can't possibly...

...

Like her?

My hand clenched into a fist, and my eye burst into flames.

No. I will not tolerate this kind of behavior again. Next time, they are dead. So, so dead.

Then why do I feel like I couldn't do it, even if I wanted to?

(Hey, look at that, I posted a chapter! I'm not dead! It's a miracle! In all honesty, though, I'm sorry about not getting a chapter up soon enough. I've just been distracted by the gloriousness that is Wattpad. I know I probably won't keep this promise, but I'll try to get a chapter up sooner. Key word being try. See ya soon, Lunarlings!—Lunar)