Chapter 6 House On Carroll Avenue

Ola throws her napkin on the floor in an angry way, I dont know if your crazy but im not! Not crazy enough to just shoot my best friend, she says storming out of the pizza place

Ola throws her napkin on the floor in an angry way, I dont know if your crazy but im not! Not crazy enough to just shoot my best friend, she says storming out of the pizza place. Tex goes after her he chases her 3 blocks down the street. Wait! you dont understand, the old lady i mentioned said- he pauses.

Ola looks at him wierd, are you high? She asks. Tex keeps his attention at the elderly lady, its her...the same lady from the library. Ola rolls her eyes, 18th century? Please.
Tex grabs ola by the arm and follows the lady, what are you doing! Let go of my arm.

Tex ignores her as they both stop and hide behind some bushes. Im gonna see where she lives thats all, he says peeking at her. Ola whispers, well do it by yourself i want no part in stalking- tex shushes her. The elderly lady walks across the street, she passes by the park, then the fruit stands and then the diner. Tex and ola following her incognito.

They keep following her until they come to an old worn down house on carroll Avenue, the lady walks up the steps as she opens the door and enters. Tex watches closely, she must live here, he says.

Great you go in while i go home! Ola says. Did it ever occur to you that this could be our chance to see who is responsible for all this?

Ola stops walking as she turns to face him, i guess....she says bluntly.

They both make their up way uo the porch steps the door surpisely is unlocked, he opens it slowly as it makes a creaking sound. It is not what they expected.

This place is empty! Ola says looking around, how could someone possibly live here. Tex picks up a picture frame witch is broken, the windows are boarded up with dust floating in the air. I just saw her walk in here, he says confused.
They here something from upstairs, it becomes quiet.

Rats?

Lets hope to god it is...tex says.

They go upstairs, but in a slow manor ola clinging to tex's arm as she tightly grips it, the steps creaking aswell threatning to break. Are you sure we should be in here, what if its private property..
A lady with a white robe quickly passes by in the hall! They junp back a bit. What the hell was that? Tex says.

They make up the stairs, the halls are empty the paint on the walls chipping away. He smells smoke. I dont like this..ola says shivering.

A man appears infront of them as they nearly scream! Oh shit, ola says.
The man coms her down,im sorry if i frightned you missy. He says in a friendly way. Who are you? Tex asks.

Im gerald clover, he replies shaking his hand.

They are now seated in the living room with the sound of silence all aorund them. So you wanna know about her? He says. Tex raises an eyebrow at him, her? What do you mean. Gerald takes off his hat as he sets it down next to him, Lucia.

Ola and tex listen closely.

She was a the third child in her family, lived in the 18th century, he explains. Her family was very religious but one day took a dark turn

When lucia was 14 years of age, they decided to practice something more of them, Satanic rituals, witchcraft, voodoo! Ola looks at him closely.

As decades when on lucia began to become isolated and soon enough became crazy. Gerald says.

Is she some sort of witch? Tex asks.

Gerald nods, shes been around for ages. And those who come in contact with her, well unfortunately some never return home. My friend michael...hes- gerald interupts.

Cursed, he says finishing her sentence.

Shes cursed many some are able to break free from her curses but others arent so lucky. Your friend on the otherhand is stuck, he says. My teacher says we have to kill a wereowlf to save a person, is that true? Are there anymore options.

He shakes his head, your teacher knows best. Your friend in is pain...from all the killing he's done, unable to control this is hurting him emotionally, physically and mentally.  Ola looks at gerald with a blank expression.

but we cant kill him..she says about to cry.

My dear its only a matter of time before the calm before the storm, gerald says.

Tex turns his attention to him, what do you mean by that? Its only a matter of days until he is able to hurt more but this time you wont be able to keep him from hurting others. Lucia said to me that i was warned of something, but i cant remember what tex says.

Lucia has great power but unfrotnently it comes back to her..

So we dont have much of a choice, we have to kill him, gerald nods slowly its the only to save him.

Later that day tex stops by michaels place, he waits downstairs for him while he's waiting he looking at the pictures sitting up on the fire place. One form where he was six years old and posing with his dog. And another with his mother as they both smile.

Tex's heart fills with sympathy for him as he feels as he's about to cry but holds it back. Michael comes down stairs, hey man.

Tex snaps out of it, hey! How are you feeling? He asks. I've had better days nut atleast im sleeping better now, michael says chuckling. Tex smiles a little.

Yeah...great.

Michael sits down in a chair twittling his thumbs. Your mom and you are close? He asks, michael smiles brightly. Yeah, he chuckles. Tex sits down on the couch next to him,thats nice.

You okay? You look tense, michael says noticing.

Im fine, its just...well have you ever had to do something that you knew was wrong but its to help someone? And it was the only way, tex asks. Michael nods, yeah why.

I have this friend whos in alot of pain and has alot of guilt, and the only thing i can do is- tex pauses. Unable to finish his sentence.
Nevermind..he says.

Michael pats him on the back, hey if you really cared about your friend you would do anything to help him, even if it meant doing something crazy, michael says. Tex looks at him and smiles his eyes filling with tears.

Anything for a for friend? Tex says again.

Anything.