Chapter 5 Metamorphosis

December 3, 1983                        Full moon

                 December 3, 1983
                        Full moon

That same night michaels mother heads out for a night out with her friends from work, ola is upstairs setting up the walkie talkies. Tex gets the rope ready as they tie michaels hands and feet to the bed post, tex thenputs the tranquilizers into the gun.

Everything set? He asks. Ola nods, yeah...we're ready.

Michael lays on the bed tied up looking up at the cieling with a scared look, he swallows harshly then closes his eyes. See you in a few hours buddy, tex says as he takes a seat in a chair.

The moon outside is covered buy little clouds as the cool wind blows outside making the branches of the trees scratch against the windows. Tex sound asleep in his chair with the tranquilizer gun in his hand, ola covered in a thin blanket as she tosses and turns im her chair.

Michael is sound asleep aswell, the sound of the clock ticking makes him twitch in his sleep. The wind picks up as leaves go flying everywhere. Michael begins to squirm a little but is unable to move his arms or feet since they are tied up.

He starts sweating quickly, his heart rate picking up aswell almost pounding against his chest, the sharp pain returns but hes used to it by now and doesn't yell in pain. Ola awakens slowly as she rubs her eyes, she sees whats happening and quickly wakes up tex.

Look! She whispers. He wakes up and watches. Hes changing....

The hair on michaels arms, legs and body grows too as for his finger nails go to a sharpen point, he squirms more his face morphs into a werewolf face. He opens his eyes the yellow eyes staring blankly at the cieling.

Tex! Ola shouts.

The rope begins to undo the sound his bones snapping and his skin changing is a gruesome sound to be heard. The growl turns into a vicous growl as his clothes rip open a bit, his shirt being ripped open from the middle revealing a hairy body.

That rope isn't gonna hold him- ola says pausing her sentence.

Michael breaks free from the rope and attacks tex by pishing him away, he hits his head on a weight and knocks out. Ola quickly opens the door as she runs downstairs with the gun in her hand! Michael its me! She says.

He jumps in her trying to bite her, she screams and screams until she grabs a vase and hits him on the head with it.
She makes her way to the kitchen and switches on the light. She points the gun ready and aimed at him.

Michael picks up the kitchen table and throws it into the living room making room for him to enter the kitchen, he looks at ola with a deadly look. As he lunges at her knocking her to the floor, the tranquilizer gun flying out of her hand.

She trys to crawl away quickly but he grabs by the leg she screams again as he pulls her towards him! Tex! She shouts. She kicks him in the face but is unable to free herself from his grip.

Michael digs his teeth into her leg, blood dripping out onto the floor. Ola lets a painful yell. Tex waking up slowly, hears he screaming from downstairs as he quickly goes to her.

Ola! Hold on, he says. Michael turns his attention to tex as he chases him to the living room throwing a lamp at tex but shatters a window instead. Tex gets grabs a piece of the glass and cuts michael on the stomach he falls down in pain.

But he isn't giving up the fight, he grabs tex by the shirt collar and claws him on the face leaving deep wounds!

Ola limping from her wounded leg, gets the tranquilizer gun and aims at michael, tex shouting as he is almost about to be mauled!

Shoot him! He shouts.

Michaels puts one hand up with his claws ready to kill, but before he can do so ola shoots him two times in the back. Michael stops as he then falls to the floor unconscious. Tex quickly gets away from him, the blood dripping down his face onto the carpet. Holy shit...

Michael begins to change back to his normal self, they carry him upstairs as they put him to bed. Afterwards they clean up the house before his mother sees the mess.

Friday morning came michael awakens with a mild headache, he sees ola sleeping in his chair and tex aswell. He gets out of bed and quietly goes downstairs, his mother cooking breakfast.

There you are sleepy head, thought you would never wake up. She says putting the bacon on a plate. He runs his head, sorry i was up all night.
Michaels mother looks at him, you look sick? She feels his forehead. Hm, no fever- she pauses as she goes into the living room and sees her vase broken.

What is this! She scolds. I leave you home alone for one night and you break something? Michael-she pauses again. Did you have your friends over? She asks.

Michael looks down, yeah.

She sighs, if your going to have your friends over try not to break anything okay sweety? She replies kissing him on the cheek. Later that day at school tex sits in class looking through a book he checked out, the teacher calls on him.

Tex, since you would rather read than listen, why dont you read page six for the whole class? He teases. Tex chuckles, sure. The class giggles, as he begins to read. After class he talks to the teacher.

Mr. Todd, can i ask you a question? He says.

Ofcourse.

You know about mythical creatures and stuff? Precisely, mr. Todd replies. Well what about monsters, specifically a werewolf.

Mr. Todd thinks for a bit, i know a little. Tex sits down next ot his desk, how about how to break a curse? He asks again. There is no way, since the beginning of time and sicne the 18th century there hasnt been a single thing that can break a wolf curse, mr todd replies.

Oh, tex says bluntly.

But there is another way.

Tex looks up at him quickly, really? What. A silver bullet, shooting a werewolf with a silver bullet, he replies. Tex smiles fade. You mean killing it..

He nods, yes. Tex gets up, well thank you for the information sir. Why did you ask? Mr. todd says. Oh just something for a research project.

Tex invites ola over to the same pizza place they were before, just the two of them. They sit next to a window ola slowly eating her pizza, tex looking out the window as of he's distracted.

I talked to my teacher, i asked him about werewolf curse. Tex says, did he say anything? Ola asks.

He shakes his head, he said theres no way of breaking it...ola sighs, so hes gonna stuck like that forever? Right?
Tex doesnt answer except he stares blankly at her. There is one way, but i dont think you'll like it, tex replies.

Ola raises an eyebrow, what is it?

Tex sighs, how long have you and michael been friends? He asks.
Since we were little kids why, ola replies. The only way we can save him is with a silver bullet...

Ola's eyes fill with tears. What?

We have to kill him,Tex says.

She keeps Looking at him, a tear drips down her face, tex looks at her aswell.
We cant kill him! She says almost raising her voice. He's my friend i cant kill my best friend!

Theres no other way ola, he's in pain... He's in pain everytime he kills and he's in pain everytime he changes, we dont have a choice.

Ola looks at tex again and so does he with the sound of silence between them.