Chapter 6

~LAURA'S POV~

I notice Max is on so I message him.

Hey Max!

Hey baby! What's going in?

Nothing really, just waiting for the dinner and missing you...

Aw darling, that's cute. Haha. The dinner is in like 10 minutes, shouldn't you get ready?

I'm already ready. I have about two minutes to waste so why not talk to you?

Oh crap! I forgot to do my chores! I should go, listen to Hey Princess by Allstar weekend, that how I feel about you. :*

Aw okay. Bye, and I will listen to it tonight. I love you!!!

I love you too baby.

I sit down on my bed and look at Leila, she is sitting on the floor playing with her baby doll. For a 4 year old she is really smart. Sometimes I feel like she is 8 or something. I hear the doorbell go off and I hop up. "Come on Leila! Time for dinner!" I pick her up and carry her downstairs. We all stand by the doorway and my mom opens the door.

"Jake!" My mom smiles and hugs him and sneaking in a small kiss too. "Please come in." They come in and my mom shuts the door. "Jake, Brent, these are my daughters, Laura who is 16 and Leila who is 4."  We both curtsey and smile at them.

"Um hi Laura." J comes to me.

"Hey J!" I give him an enormous hug. I haven't seen him before but my mom told me to do this.

"Hi Leila." He leans down and smiles at her. "I'm Jake! You can call me Jake or call me J like your big sister. Up to you!" he smiles again.

"Hi. I won't call you Jake because Jake is the mean boy who hurt Laur and was playing games with another girl while Laur and him played games so I will not call you Jake because that make Laur have bad memories and sad so I will call you J." she hugs him and then sits on the first step of the stairs. I look down. Why Leila! Why? I notice Brent staring at me so I just stare at the ground.

"Brent, meet Laura. She is a a few months younger than you. I hope you guys can become good friends." We exchange Hi's and then we all go sit and eat dinner. We just are having spaghetti and garlic bread, nothing fancy. Dinner was really quiet except for of course Leila who was talking away. After dinner the boys decide to do the dishes and once they are done it was bonding time. My mom and J put me and Brent into my bedroom and we had to talk and get to know each other until he went home.

"So, you must really like this guy." Brent walks to my wall with all my pictures. Mostly of Max and I and a few of family. "This Jake?"

"No it isn't Jake! I wouldn't have pictures oh that a- um jerk on my wall." I sigh and look at Max and me. I have to admit he could do better but we do look cute together. "That's my best friend since we were 6 and my boyfriend as of earlier today." I blush as I think of us kissing. I bring myself back down to earth to notice him staring at me again. "Why are you staring at me?" I say in a kind of annoyed tone.

"Stay still." he walks towards me and is staring at my forehead. "Either you have a crazy bumped up scar or you are really talented with makeup." he then looks into my eyes. "There's fear and pain in your eyes. What's wrong?" I feel tears start to build in my eyes.

"My dad." I hear my voice break and start to have a panic attack.

"What? Your dad did this?" he sits next to me and puts his hand on the side if my face turning it to him. "Tell me what happened. You can trust me." Can I trust him? I just met the guy! He seems trustworthy yes but Jake did too. I guess I'll just take the chance.

"He came by earlier. He isn't allowed near any of us because he used to abuse us but he knocked out my mom and found me. I stood up to him and hit him but he hit me back. I was in a coma but I woke up. I have a big bruise in my cheek where he hit me too." I felt like crying but to my surprise not even a tear fell.

"This all happened today?" he looks at my in shock but pulls me into a hug. "if you were my sister I would never let him put a hand on you." He actually likes me! Hopefully we will be family. Suddenly I here Leila scream for me. I run downstairs panicking.

"What? What's wrong?" Brent is standing behind me and is looking around.

"I missed you!" she hugs me

"Don't ever do that again! You scared me half to death." I hug her back then head to the kitchen where mom and J are drinking coffee. "Hey guys, what going on?" I walk and stand next to my mom with Brent still following me. its amazing how he doesn't want me to be hurt. He would be the best big brother ever.

"How are you getting along?" J asks. He looks back and forth between me,  Brent, and mom.

"Great!" Brent replies finally.

"That's amazing because we have an announcement." I look at my moms finger, J proposed!! I let him say it though. "We are getting married!!" I squeal and hug my mom and then Brent and me start hug jumping.

"Mom, who's ring is that? it looks familiar." she looks at it too. It looks like the one my dad gave her...

"It kind if does, but we bought it together at Kay yesterday so no worry." The thought of my dad kills me. I feel tears build up and I run out of the room so if I do cry no one will see. I feel a hand on my back, I turn expecting my mom, J, or my future bro Brent. When I turn I see the one person I wouldn't imagine to be here. Max. Wearing a suit and holding an envelope in his hand.

"Open it. It may help." He smirks as I open the envelope. He must be able to sense when I'm upset.

"You have been invited to go on red carpet and go to the Teen's Choice Awards, and meet all your favorite stars. You are being given $2,000 buy all you need and to spend on a little extra on whatever you want! Not only you can come but so can your whole family plus two guests! We hope you enjoy!" I scream. "OH MY GOSH. THIS ISN'T POSSIBLE!!!" Everyone hurries in to see why I'm yelling and Max explains it all to them. "We will all go. We are a family now and Max will be a guest. The other guest you can invite Brent. Invite a date." I grab everyone into a group hug.

"A family? Did I miss something and who's the dude who has a crush on you?" he pulls me aside.

"Crush? No! He is my future step brother. J proposed!" Max just stares at me. "What's wrong?" I sit on the couch with him.

"I don't know.... I just, I don't know. Maybe I should go. I'll text you later." He gets up and leaves. What did I do? What did I say? I begin to get worried. Did I ruin everything?

What do you guys think??

-Victorya