Chapter 2

"Us?" I feel my face become red. I have a horrible thing where I blush really bad but I have learned to sort of control it. I stare into his eyes and notice the happiness in them. I remember always hearing things about if you like someone for more than four months then its love and I haven't ever started to believe it until now. I had a crush on Max from age 12 to about 14 and I thought I was over him but now my stomach was full of butterflies and my heart felt full of love. "What do you mean us?" I finally manage to say.

"Us, you know.." He starts to blush too and stares down at his hands. He gets the cutest grin on his face. "To be honest, I've liked you since I was about 13 and I have never had the guts to tell you. When you tried to set me up with that girl a few weeks ago and I turned her down and said someone else had my heart, its because that girl is you. I want you to be my first girlfriend, love, and also my last."

"R-really?" Is all I can manage getting out. I realize I am smiling like an idiot but I can't help it! 'Pull your stuff together Laura!' I tell myself. I notice Max stands up. He looks down at me and gets onto his knees then puts his hands in my lap. 

"Laura Quinn, would you make me the happiest guy in the world, and the luckiest, and go on a date with me on the 17th. Also, be my girlfriend?" He does the smirk that makes me melt and I notice a tear fall down my face. "Of course!" I begin to sob and Max starts to wipe my tears. 

"I hope these are tears of happiness." He chuckles and pulls out a box from his pocket and slips it into my hands. "Here Laur." I take the box and open it. Inside is a beautiful silver necklace that says 'Laura' with a heart around it and has purple stones spelling out 'Laura'. "What's this for Max?" I stare at it and he takes it from me and puts it around my neck.

"I missed your birthday party so I am giving it to you now." I turn my head and while I turn it my lips bump into his and we kissed. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." He stammers.

"Max its fine. I've been waiting for that for like 2 years now. He kisses me again and this time I kiss back. We hear a gasp and its my little sister, Leila, standing at the door. 

" Leila! What are you doing in my room?!" I yell.

"Mom said to come tell you that you need to start to get ready for dinner and Max has to go. What were you doing? That's what mommy and her boyfriend do and its gross!" She starts to laugh 

"How much to keep you quiet? Mom can't know, no one can. What will make you forget?" I turn and see a worried look on Max's face 

"I get to use your computer anytime for a month!" She giggles.

"Okay, okay. Just go get ready." I sit next to Max. "We should probably do our goodbye kiss here." We kiss again until Max quickly pulls away. He looks scared and he's looking at my doorway. I didn't shut the door. I am way to scared to look and see who it is. I begin to turn around and gasp at the sight of.....

There's that! Cliff hanger!! Are you guys liking the story?

-Victorya