CH. 28May/24/2016

Valeria woke up to the clock and turned it off. She looked over to see Stefano in his blue suit with the red scarf. The exact outfit he wore when she first met him. She smiled a little as he brought out the outfit she wore after practice that night. She got dressed and makeup put on before Stefano carried her outside.

"Where would you like to go for breakfast?" Stefano asked as Valeria smiled.

"I think the coffee shop would be a nice place to start our day." She replied.

"I agree." Stefano said as he pushed her along the sidewalk to the coffee shop. They were brought over to a table and Stefano helped Valeria get into the booth. Valeria looked around and then smiled.

"This is the booth you were always in from the moment I almost spilled the coffee." She said before they laughed slightly at the memories they had throughout the years together. They finished breakfast and went outside toward the art center. Stefano carried Valeria up the steps and set her down in a chair before going back to get her wheelchair. He helped Valeria paint before they went to the opera house.

"What would you like to do?" Stefano asked as they went into the auditorium. Valeria grabbed a violin and gave it to Stefano after he picked her up and put her on the bench. She started playing Clair De Lune and Stefano joined while supporting her back.

"So       what now?" Stefano asked as he put Valeria back in her chair. Valeria smiled for a second before going over to the radio and turned it on.

"Can you help me get on stage?" She asked. Stefano was confused but helped her get onstage. Valeria managed to get herself out of the chair and held onto Stefano's shoulders.

"Do you remember what I taught you?" She asked. Stefano smiled and did ballet dancing with her until the CD ended.

"Where would you like to go now?" Stefano said as they left the opera house.

"Lunch would be nice. I already invited Stela and Beth." Valeria replied. Stefano smiled and they went to the restraunt. It was nice to see Beth and Stela. They talked a lot. Stela has a boyfriend and now she was the one talking continuously about him. When lunch was over they said their goodbyes and went their separate ways.

"Where now?" Stefano asked as they went down the sidewalk. Valeria was quiet. There was something she wanted to show Stefano.

"Home." Valeria replied.    Stefano didn't understand why Valeria wanted to go home so soon. He helped her up the stairs and set her down in another wheelchair.

"Come on." She said before leading him into the studio to Stefano's desk. Stefano saw a large photo album. Valeria grabbed it and they sat down on the couch. Stefano turned on a light and Valeria opened the photo album. Stefano was surprised.

"You made this?" He said in fascination. Valeria nodded her head while smiling. They looked at all of Stefano's pieces. They were halfway through the album when it started showing Valeria's art pieces.

"That's all of them. I wish I could make more." Valeria said before closing the album. Stefano smiled before taking Valeria's new art piece and copied it.

"Let's put this where it belongs." Stefano said before opening the book. Valeria took the picture and put it in the album.

"Now it's complete." Valeria said before Stefano smiled.

"Not quite." He said as he reached in his pocket and pulled out three pictures. He put them both in and gave it to Valeria. She saw one was from the photo booth. The second was the picture of Stefano when he was wearing makeup. Valeria started laughing at the sight of it.  They laughed even more when Stefano took out a picture of Valeria sleeping with a mustache sticker and put it in the album.

"Now it's complete." Stefano said as he gently closed the album. Valeria and Stefano then looked at the clock. It was 7:00. They had dinner with some music. They ate quietly before washing dishes and going to the gallery. They looked at the art pieces before Stefano walked away from Valeria to an old record player. He started messing with it till the speakers faded from static to music. Valeria smiled when she heard the first notes: Serenade for Strings at C Major. Stefano walked up to her and picked her up by her waist and helped her stand as she held herself up by wrapping her arms around his neck. Stefano made Valeria's feet stay on top of his before they started dancing side to side as if it was a high school dance. They didn't speak. They simply listened to the music and wandered into each other's eyes. It was fifteen minutes till midnight. Stefano and Valeria went into the living room. Stefano picked her up and set her down on the couch. The clock struck midnight as Stefano mixed several tablets into Valeria's glass of champagne.

"Happy anniversary amore mia." Stefano said as he gave Valeria her glass.

"Happy anniversary Stefano." Valeria replied as they slightly clinked glasses before drinking. Valeria looked at him as she set down her empty glass. Stefano picked her up and set her down on his lap as he gently rocked side to side. Valeria rested her head against his chest. Her eyes were growing heavy. She looked up at him.

"Thank you Stefano,           for the best years of my life. My heart is yours and always has been.       I love you." She said as her eyes were starting to close. Stefano kissed the top of her head.

"I love you my dear Valeria. Rest now,          and let my love send you away to a place of beauty." Stefano said before her eyes closed. He then gently rested the side of his head on top of hers.

"Stefano?" She said.

"Yes Valeria?" Stefano said as he held her hand.

"I have one more request.           When I go, could you             turn me into your art?" She asked. Stefano was in shock from her words. He sighed.

"If that is what you wish,      I will do it amore mia." He replied. Valeria took a deep breath.

"When I die,    take my heart. It is yours. It always was     and     always           will be." Valeria said before she fell asleep. Stefano then closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep with Valeria in his arms.

It's been about an hour. Stefano woke up with Valeria still in his arms. She was rather limp.

"Valeria." He said hoping that she would wake up. She didn't move.

"Valeria?" He said again trying to hold back his tears. He felt his lips start to tremble as he shook his head. He took a shaky breath before he held her close and started crying quietly.