eighteen

-

- Hailey -

-

-

I woke up, feeling my lungs burning as if they had been ignited on fire. I felt disoriented almost immediately, my eyesight blurring and finally focusing on nothing but darkness. There had been a dim light at the end of the hallway, but I was confused as to where we ended up, and why.

The door had been open, and I looked around at the four walls closing in around me. It wasn't long until I realized I had been laying down on a worn out hospital bed. It hadn't been just any hospital, after gaining back most of my senses, my eyes flickered at the walls in hopes of figuring out where I was.. And I had gotten my answer at the sight of a sign with the hospital's name on it.

Lakewood Medical. I remembered the hospital being up and running when I was roughly six years old, and it had shut down the same year as well. No one knew why, I mean who knew, maybe the hospital became overcrowded and they needed to vacate elsewhere. That had usually been the case for most hospitals that just closes, but.. Why was I sent here?

As I look to my left, I see a satin curtain separating me from what was on the other side of the room, my heart plunging from the fear that I obviously wasn't alone. My breath hitched in my throat as my shaking hand reached out to pull at the curtain.

As I had revealed the opposite side of me, a gasp left my lips at the sight of Ashton. He was unconscious, wrists cuffed and ankles strapped down.

"Ashton? Ashton, wake up. Please." I begged, as I had tried to pull at the chain locks that held him down. The locks had a key whole, meaning there had to be a key somewhere.

Unless someone already has the key and wants something in return in order for him to be let go.

"Ashton." I tried again, my voice cracking as I had shook him gently by the shoulders. As I watched him inhale sharply yet abruptly, I back away in a startled jump when his hazel eyes had shot open.

"W-we're stuck. We're stuck, and I don't know what to do. I'm scared. The only way out would be the window, and we're about ten stories up." I whispered, looking over at the closed door across from us.

"We can't leave. Look, if we were somehow planted here by Ghostface, then leaving might just be the trap that they'd want us to walk into, Hailey. Despite how crazy it sounds, I need you to keep a leveled mind about this. I need you to stay here, and we'll figure our own way out, okay?"

"We were drugged, Ash.. The party was the last thing I remembered being at, the shed. Where the hell is everyone else?" I whimpered, pressing my hands to my forehead in distraught at the fact they could be jeopardized at the moment being.

"They could be here." He uttered, letting out a sigh of grief.

"This was never over. These past months all we did was wrap our heads in this lie. This perfect lie. We tried, we really did but look at where we are."

"The truth's the hardest pill to swallow, Hailey." He muttered, sadly.

"It's not over." I whispered. "When has it ever been?"

"Maybe it was an ending we all deserved, so we believed it. Look, my phone's in my pocket. If you can get to it, we can try to call someone. Evie, I don't know, fucking Luke. We just need to know where everyone went."