part 3 :)

A/N: Hey guys I tried to add more drama to this part. None of the parts are very long yet sorry :( also since I only have one fan I am only asking for 1 comment and 1 vote, for me to go on. Ha ha so yah I hope you like the story tell your friends to read it :) I luv you guys thanks!

Then I realized I still hadn't opened my other present, a small one, from my mom. I slowly unwrapped an old wrapper covered in dust. It must've been sitting for YEARS. I took out a small frame. It was a sweet frame, covered in candy and presents.Then I looked at the photo. It was a beautiful sepia picture of a little girl, maybe 2 years old at the most, and her father, crouching in their swimsuits, the little girl holding a small frog in her hand. The dad was pointing at the camera, smiling, while the little girl seemed completely absorbed in the frog. I blinked tears back in my eyes as I looked at the date this was taken. 1996. 14 years ago, today. I remembered that birthday. It was three days before he disappeared.

I bit my lip, and then put the picture down and dug deeper in the box. I grabbed out money, $7,896,425 in a check, addressed to me. My eyes widened and I could feel tears pricking out. I didn't even fight to keep them away. They poured over my cheeks like a waterfall and pooled on the floor, blurring out my vision, until I couldn't cry anymore.

As I wiped the last tear from my eye, I looked up at my mom smiling sadly, and then I jumped up and ran to my room on the 4th floor, sobbing once again. I got to my room and slammed my door hard and locked it, then flung myself onto the bed and buried my head in my pillow. A few minutes later, as I predicted, I heard a soft knocking on my door. "Daff..?" Nic said from outside the door, her voice quivering. Great, now she's nervous- she only uses my nickname if she thinks I'm in a bad mood, I guess it "helps" somehow. I stayed quiet and she knocked again, not saying anything this time. After one more time of knocking I got up, opened my door and yelled "Go AWAY! Can't you see I don't want to talk to you?" Then I slammed the door in her face.

I heard soft sobbing outside my door, and immediately I wondered 'what have I DONE..??' But by the time I opened the door, she was gone.