Chapter 5 - Life is unpredictable.

(Writing chapters for a book which has been untouched for quite some time feels like blowing dust off of an ancient book - like in the movies. Haha. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this surprise update!)

Sam's P.O.V
It's been a week since I've heard anything from Colby himself.
During this time, I've taken some time to really find out more about him through his Instagram. You can't really find a lot of information, but I found out he was also a model. I'm not surprised at all.

"Sam!" I heard. It was Corey, of course. I click my phone off and then puts it into the pocket of my pants, and walks out of my room and into the corridor where Corey stood. Right by the top of the staircase. I raised an curious eyebrow at him, wondering what he wanted.

"I'm just curious" he starts. Oh no. Is he going to ask about Colby?
"Curious about what?" I ask, crossing my arms softly. Corey smiles softly.
"I haven't seen you hang out with Colby recently. How come?" He asked. I hate when I'm right.
I uncrossed my arms and sighed softly, approaching Corey a little bit more. Now standing in front of him, facing him softly.

"I honestly don't know why. He's been quite distant after.. you know" I admitted. Corey suddenly gave me a look of guilt, and I immediately raised my hands into the air. Waving them and saying:
"Wait no no, it's not because of you. For sure" assuringly. Corey just shrugged.
"You don't know that for sure Sam" Corey admitted. I sighed and crossed my arms again.

"Why don't you message him?"
Thinking about it, it might be a risky game.
However, maybe it could save our growing relationship more?

"I can.. I'm just scared" I said softly. Corey puts a hand on my shoulder supportively.
"Don't be, alright?" Corey says, smiling. I smile back, and nod. I pick up my phone again, and decided to DM him on instagram again.

Sam:
Hey, Colby. I haven't heard anything from you lately. Are you alright?

I really wanted to add '- hugs and kisses, Sam♥️', but then I remember what Colby told me yesterday. Maybe his parents are the ones who's keeping him distant from me. That is, if he's told them about me. So adding something like that in the end could get me in trouble if someone else besides him reads it. I decided to keep it out, then clicked send.

"Good job" Corey says quickly, smiling. Soon, he walks into Aaron's room. About to help him out of bed and downstairs.
"You want help?" I quickly ask before he's by Aaron's room. He glanced at me, then appreciatively nodded. Smiling warmly. I click the phone off again, praying he'll reply soon - then put it into the pocket again and went to help him with Aaron.

After a while of struggling, they had helped Aaron downstairs and sat him down on the couch carefully. I huffed and was relieved they did it successfully. Aaron seemed so guilty, so I had to say something.

"Aaron, if you think you're bothering us because of your injury - you're wrong—"
"No, I don't. I just.. wish the injury never occurred in the first place" he admitted. Corey sat down next to him and rubbed his healthy shoulder supportively. Reassuring him.

"I know" I say softly, then continue with a soft voice:
"However, sometimes you can't really help it. Life is unpredictable"

Aaron smiles sadly and nods, and Corey nods as well. As Corey puts on the television and keeps Aaron company - I walked into the kitchen to see if he's responded to my DM message.
He hasn't.
Life sure is unpredictable..

Suddenly, as I was prepared to never see Colby again, there was a knock on the front doors.
"Corey, is anyone supposed to visit us today?" I ask quickly, walking towards the front doors.
"Not that I'm aware" He simply responded. I curiously grabbed the door handle and pushes it down, opening the doors to see none other than—