The Party And The Question

Atsushi's POV

I slowly regained consciousness just to barely hear the words "i'm proud of you" I then open my eyes to see Dazai sitting at my bedside. I look around and realise i'm in the medical room at the office. "Oh you're finally awake" Dazai says in his usual cheerful tone. "How long have I been out?" I ask "Just a couple of hours" Dazai says "So what happened? The last thing I remember is falling to my death" I ask with curiosity. "Well you're now the savior of the city, and we saved Kyouka, oh and since your awake, come with me" we both got up and left the medical room. "Where are you taking me Dazai?" I ask as I tilt my head a tiny bit with worry and curiosity as to where we're going. "You'll see" he says with a grin on his face. He leads me to the office and opens the door "CONGRATULATIONS ON SAVING THE CITY!" Everyone yells as we walk in "Good job Atsushi! Come have a drink with me, it's party time!" Yosano says to me as she pulls me into a hug "Oh no no I don't like drinking, sorry" I say apologetically "Oh well then" she says as she walks away. Kyouka approaches me next, "Good job Atsushi" she says with her pure smile. "Thanks, and i'm so glad your safe" I say as I give her a quick hug meanwhile what I didn't know was Dazai was silently watching us. "Hey kid" Kunikida said as he also decides to come over and for some reason start nagging me? Almost like a mother. But I just kinda zone out. I ended up spacing out until I hear "-shi, -sushi, Atsushi" I get snapped out of my thoughts when I realise Dazai is in front of me, waving his hands in my face. "OH uh sorry Dazai, what is it?" I ask a tiny bit embarassed. "Come with me for a second" he says in a serious tone as he grabs my hand and drags me out of the room, I hadn't realised it but it had already turned night and the stars we're shining as bright as ever. "Dazai where are we going this time?" I ask as he's still holding my hand and dragging me along "it's a surprise" he says as he looks back at me with a smile. He drags me all the way to a river, but not just any river, it was the river where we met for the very first time. I was confused "Dazai why did you bring me here?" I ask still confused "I like it here, this place is special to me" this made me curious "why is this place so special to you?" I ask hoping to get some answers. "It's special to me because....it's where I met you for the very first time" his answer shocked me, and even made me blush a bit. He laughed a tiny bit when he saw me blush, "You're cute when you blush" he said as he ruffled my hair "Atsushi would you like to go on a date with me?" He said with the biggest smile I have ever seen. "A WHAT?!"

END OF CHAPTER

Hmmm idk if i'm going out of character a bit or not but I hope you enjoyed it