Chapter 18: The Cloak

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG WAIT! THINGS HAVE BEEN BUSY! I ALSO HAVE AN IMPORTANT  ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE BACK!

A week had passed since Thanksgiving. Now In Delaware, Nathaniel and the other three bounty hunters still searched for signs of Langstrom's presence.

All four were investigating in a town, trying to find information of any value.

Nathaniel and Cane were on horse back, traveling throughout the town. They were searching for the rendezvous place Norman and Seth were currently waiting at.

Leaning his sword (in its sheath) against the back of the horses' neck, Cane asked Nathaniel a question. 

"How do you suppose we find Langstrom? Let alone capture him?"

"I don't have the least bit idea," said Nathaniel, who was looking forward and side to side, hoping to get a clue or lead to anything. "We can only hope to be ready should we locate him."

"You knew him well enough," said Cane. "I'll be smart and follow your instincts for this hunt."

"He is dangerous," replied Nathaniel. "It's the reason he is the most wanted man in the colonies, by the great English empire.

"How was he like? His attitude and his skill?" Cane asked, leaning forward to get a better look at Nathaniel's face.

"He was serious, yet humorous when the when the occasion presented itself," Nathaniel said, reminiscing. "He was the leader of our bounty group. As far as out dueling goes, I never stood a chance against him; on the other hand, John might have been evenly matched with him, excluding John's duel-wielding technique."

"Your brother knows duel-wielding?" said Cane, his eyebrows going up. "What does he wield, swords? Or a mixture of difference weapons?"

"He wields two swords as you do," replied Nathaniel. "But his technique is quite different. He greatly prefers to use one sword, only using the trump card of double swords when he needs to. And I never asked, but who taught you your duel-wielding technique?"

Cane spoke. "My father instructed me in the wielding of two swords since my childhood. He taught to handle the dagger, throwing knives, and finally swords. He was only able to teach me a few things about duel wielding, being his own knowledge was very limited. I learned the rest by studying manuscripts of other famous duel-wielders, and by practicing every day, discovering what I could."

"And how about your archery?" inquired Cane. "How did you come to have such skills?"

"Back in England," said Nathaniel, "My aunt paid for my archery skills. She said she saw potential."

Cane looked forward; Norman and Seth were outside of a wine store, on their horses

With a disappointed look on Norman's face, Cane saw him round the horse from the front of the store. His horse stopped to the side of Cane's.

"We looked, searched, and even asked," began Norman. "There aren't any leads here. Do not fret, as we have more than half of the day left." 

Seth joined the rest, and they made their way out of the town onto a another road; hopefully leading them to another town that might have clues, they thought.

************

The Sun was near the middle of the sky.

Adar was cutting the grass. Soon, he wouldn't have to worry about it, with winter coming and killing most of the green.

He swung the scythe side to side, cutting away expertly at the grass. Half the field was already finished by him.

John felt the heat of the Sun on his back. The sleeves of his white shirt were rolled up. He had on a light, colored pair of khaki pants. His suspenders were the color brown.