{15}

EMMA'S P.O.V
Walking into the kitchen was a nightmare, everyone kept giving me pity looks. I tried to ignore them as I bent down to Val's level and stroked her cheek lightly.

"Emmie why you cry?" She asked as she wiped the tears from my cheeks, I gave her a small sad smile.

"You see that man Val?" I asked her pointing towards Theo who smiled at her, she blushed and hid behind me slightly before she nodded.

"He's your big brother." I explained and held my breath. I honestly don't know how she will react to this news, since it's always been me taking care of her.

"B-But you said I don't have brother." She said with a small frown, I looked down in shame of the lie I told her.

"I lied baby." I mumble, she pushes away from me slightly before looking over at Theo. She seems to have a small mental debate before she walks up and hugs his legs. He smiles brightly as he looks down at her, a smile I that I miss seeing so much. I look down to my fiddling hands and try to hold my self together like adult I'm supposed to be.

"D-do you want me to play with me mister?" Valentina mumbles shyly to Theo. He smiles and pulls her up into his arms gently, an action that used to be so familiar to me.

"Of course baby girl." He smiles down to her. Baby girl. The nickname that I had up until I was 12 years old, now makes me want to curl in on myself and cry like a two year old girl. The two siblings retreat to the lounge room while I stand still staring at the tiles on the kitchen floor in a daze.

Maybe it's because I'm not good enough? Maybe I was just a bother and that's why he never came back. Maybe, Maybe, Maybe..

"Amore?" Big warm hands cup my cheeks and lift my eyes to connect with gentle silver ones that seem to melt. His thumbs run over my  cheekbones gently and sighs when he sees the ache in my eyes.

"Are you alright?" He whispers even though everyone else has left us alone for privacy. Instead of keeping up an act of being perfectly fine, I shake my head and almost leap into his warm chest as the tears return yet again. He doesn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me and lean his cheek against my hair.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay, I will make it okay." He mumbles sweetly while drawing soothing patterns on my waist where his hands rest.

"He's just going to leave again. Everybody leaves." I whisper brokenly, he growls a bit at the back of his throat and pulls away so he can see my face clearly.

"Listen to me Emma. I'm not going to leave, ever." He says sternly but also lovingly?

"B-But.."

"No. No buts. I'm here for good baby." He says before gently caressing my lips with his own in a gentle kiss. When we pull apart I swallow the lump in my throat before nodding.

"I'm just overreacting. Yeah that's it." I mumble and start pulling out pots and pans, cooking was always a sense of stress relief. Marco whispers something before he hugs me from behind and leans his head on my shoulder. What even are we at this point? Things have moved so fast that I haven't given myself time to think about the situation. Marco must have felt my shoulders tense because he kisses my neck lightly.

"What is it?" He asks, my anxiety starts to bubble up in my chest and I start to sweat slightly, can I ask this question? What if he doesn't want a relationship? What if I'm overthinking his actions too much. Oh god.

"Amorè, what's wrong?" He asks, suddenly spinning me around to face him. I look down at his collarbone because I know that I will freeze if I look into his hypnotic silver orbs.