"Sure." You head behind the counter. 

"Thanks! I'll be back in a while. Just help the people pay for their books." She runs to the backroom, leaving you with the eager book-lovers. 

-----------------------------------------

Things started dialing down a bit as the signing came to an end. Some people went home, but a few still lingered to chat with the author. 

When (Friend/name) came back with teapot in hand, you pretty much begged her to stay where you were. She happily agreed and skipped off to serve earl grey.

'Ting!'

The store's bell rings out, signaling yet another customer's arrival. This customer in particular was, unlike most others, familiar to you. 

The same young man from the previous day walked towards you. "H-hello. I-I'm here to p-pick up a book I... o-o-ordered." He seems to stop when realising who he was talking to. The sight of you made him stutter more than usual. 

"Right, what's your name?" you ask kindly.

"J-Jeremy. J-Jeremy F-F-Fitzgerald." The poor guy was blushing a deep red. 

You type in his name and a book title along with his details pop up on screen. "Oh! (F/book)! This is a really good one." You bend down and get the book from the box underneath the counter before putting it in a bag for him. "Here you go Jeremy." 

Shaking madly, he reaches out and takes the bag. "T-t-thank y-you m-miss..." 

"(Y/n)." 

"(Y-Y/n)... That's a pretty name." Immediately he recoils as the words leave his mouth.

Your face's colour starts to mach his. "T-thank you. I really like your name too." 

He smiles shyly and nods. "G-goodbye (Y/n)." 

"Goodbye Jeremy Fitzgerald."

Fritz

Today was your day off. Or at least it was supposed to be. 

You spent your whole morning in bed, just relaxing and catching up on some reading. With a steaming cup of coffee/tea in hand, your attentive eyes read over the words on the page/screen. It was then that all was interrupted by your phone buzzing from its place on your bedside table. 

Putting down your reading material, you pick up your phone and read the message sent from your boss (and good friend): 

{(Y/n), Dave couldn't come in today due to family drama. Can you come cook in his place for the day? I'll pay you for overtime.}

You are quick to reply, not particularly minding helping those who have always been so kind to you. 

{I'm on my way. And you better not pay me extra ya hear! ;-) }

Swiftly you climb out of bed and get ready for work.

----------------------------------

"You're a lifesaver (Y/N)," your boss opens the door for you. 

"It's alright. I wasn't doing anything special today anyway," you smile as you enter the kitchen. The ovens and stoves were already heated up and ready to go. Quickly you get to work getting the pans and pots ready as the diner is finally opened. 

A few people came in, all ordering breakfast. Within minutes they had a plate of eggs, bacon and toast in front of them. More and more people started to enter through the doors. You work your magic, and soon they were all occupied with the food before them. After two hours or so, things started to slow down.