9

Zach and I continue to watch movies until we both eventually fall asleep again. We surprisingly sleep well, considering the amount of slumber we had caught the day before. We both wake up together as well, a bit too early for our liking.
My eyes flutter open to a just awakening Zach. His hair is messy, covering his forehead. My eyes scan over to the clock, where it displays an annoying 6:30am.
This is okay, because we both have to go into work at 8:00 anyway, either way, it's a bit too early for either of our likings. We agreed to come into work for one, because we missed yesterday anyway, and two, because Ned and Keith want to talk.
From the moment we awaken, you can tell were nervous for the conversation ahead. Zach stares off into space as he wakes up, I have a hard time wanting to get up in general.
"Zach love?" I rub his shoulder, slightly worried about his evident silence.
He snaps out of it, "Oh, sorry Gene, spaced out for a sec there." He explains.
"It's all good, I have a question for you."
"What's that?" He asks curiously.
"Can we lay and cuddle until we have to get up?" I ask in a nervous tone.
"I was just thinking that, I might check my phone as well, it's been awhile since I've done that."
I breathe out a sigh and lay myself back down. Zach grabs his phone from the coffee table and promptly does the same. We cover ourselves back up and resume our cuddling position.
Zach plays on his phone for a little while, snapping a photo once. I'm curious as to what of, but I don't want to be the sneaky type of boyfriend. After a few minutes, to my surprise, Zach says a simple:
"'Gene, check your Instagram."
I instinctively fish my phone from my pants pocket. My subconscious takes me to Instagram without me hardly realizing. As I scan for what he might be telling me to look at, I notice he's tagged me in a photo.
My thumb clicks on it and I open it to see a photo of our legs intangled, the daylight from the window behind us shining through. I like it, then turn and give him a surprised look.
"Is that us telling them?" I ask.
"If they figure it out, then yes." He smiles.
"I hope they do." I whisper.
He continues smiling and leans into a kiss. I kiss him back, my anxiety melts away for the short moment. That is, until his alarm begins blaring, interrupting suddenly.
He pulls back and whines:
"That means we have to get up."
I grunt, slightly upset I didn't get to spend more time with him. We get up together as well, slowly but surely. It was then I realize I have enough strength to lift my body again.
I walk without even realizing it. We walk together to my bedroom, where we could get dressed.
"Oh shit." Zach exclaims suddenly. "I don't have any clean clothes."
"You can wear mine, I'm sure I have something that would fit you." I suggest, he nods in return.
I took this as an opportunity to make Zach look amazing, and strangely similar to me.
I end up dressing him in a tight fitting grey sweater and black joggers. He looks very nice, but it's also very obvious he's wearing my clothes. I dress in black skinny jeans and my Nike hoodie.
We fix our hair and brush our teeth, get our shoes on and head out the door. Zach decides to drive, which I don't mind at all. He kindly drives me to a Starbucks, then to the office.
We arrive shortly, the nerves obvious between us. The walk to the front door takes longer than usual, we attempt to stall.
We get there eventually, though. Together we walk into our newly decorated office. We don't speak a word until we get to the desks.
"Hi!" Ned lights up as we enter, Keith is no where to be found.
"Hey!" I answer, Zach smiles.
"How are you guys?" He asks and we sit down, luckily, our desks are right next to each other.
"I'm doing pretty good, I think I overslept though." Zach explains with a yawn.
"That always sucks." Ned laughs, he doesn't seem to have changed much, which is a great sign. "Hey I saw what you posted earlier." You can physically see Zach gulp.
"Yeah." Zach sounds neutral, not quite knowing his opinion on the topic.
"It was super cute, I'm happy for you two, plus it was a great way to break the audience into the idea. They're going crazy over it." Ned smiles.
Zach could almost deflate with the amount of oxygen he sighs out.
"I'm glad to hear that, thank you." He says.
"No need to thank me, Keith and I were both confused and taken aback at first, but in retrospect, it all seems sort of normal." He laughs and gives us a hearty look. Both of our anxiety levels diminish.
You can tell we are more comfortable as we smoothly continue the conversation. Keith eventually arrives, slightly late. We then decide to get some work done. We stay at our desks and work all day, it's painless when you have your hand joined with your loving boyfriend's.