Chapter Two: The Mystery Of The Disappearance

Season 2 of Riverdale:
Hope's PoV:
"Hope, you're suspended. Two weeks. I've called your Mother and she's on her way to come get you." Mr Saltzman said.

"What?! That's not fair." I scoffed, storming out of the office. What did I do that was so bad anyway? I only helped a guy out with a...favour.

Well, I'm not going home.

May as well have some...fun!

My pen pal, Cheryl, has been telling me about this place that she lives in called Riverdale. Sounds fun.

The real question is, how to get there.

Genius! Compel myself a car.

Did I mention that I'm a trybrid? I have all three, thank my insane werewolf-vampire parents and deluded witch Grandmother for that little 'gift'.

After stealing a car...
I typed the address into Google Maps before igniting the car and starting to drive.

Then I realised that I can't drive.

Oh yeah! Compel someone to drive me!

Time skip to in Riverdale...
"Thanks dude, keep the car!" I told the driver, patting his shoulder and climbing out of the car. He dropped me to a place called Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe, it actually looked pretty ok.

I walked up the steps, opening the door and stepping inside. It looked cosy, and was full of teenagers that looked to be around my age (I stopped ageing when I turned 16). But the person that caught my eye was a dark haired boy in the corner booth, a grey beanie covering his dark hair and his eyes glued to his laptop. He smelled a bit like...Mom.

Shaking it off, I moved to sit on one of the barstools. I grabbed a menu, my hunger suddenly growing, before ordering a burger, fries and a chocolate milkshake.

While I waited, I enrolled myself as Hope Mikaelson, not Marshall, and smiled when it said that I could start tomorrow.

The man-I learned that his name was Pop Tate and that he owned the diner-seemed really nice, and I couldn't bring myself to compel the food, so I paid his the full $10 and, surprisingly, I didn't feel too disgusted with myself afterwards.

"Here you go, Hope." Pop said, putting my food and my milkshake in front of me. I smiled and thanked him before biting into my burger, instantly moaning at the delicious taste. I devoured my food before thanking Pop and climbing off of the barstool, taking one last glance at Beanie and exiting the diner.

Time to find a house!

After about an hour, I finally managed to compel myself a nice, fairly sized house that was relatively close to the local high school. I walked inside, dumping my backpack onto the floor and immediately making my way upstairs to go to sleep.

———
Morning:
I woke up feeling better than ever, deciding to shower before making myself breakfast. My shower took 3 minutes, due to an old habit of playing a song and having to be out of the shower before the song finishes. I quickly dressed into a pair of black leggings and a black polo shirt with a leather jacket and my black Ugg boots. No, I'm not a goth, I just like dark colours.

I quickly brushed my hair and plaited it after putting on my usual red lipstick and a bit of light mascara and concealer.

I jogged downstairs, deciding to make myself some coco pops before realising that this house has absolutely no food. I grabbed a $20 bill before picking up my backpack from when I was at the Salvatore school, complete with all of my school things, before picking up my iPhone and keys and leaving the house.

I had my earbuds in whilst walking to school, blasting any and all Taylor Swift songs that I downloaded, whilst my hands were shoved into my pockets.

The vibe of the school actually seemed pretty nice, kinda relaxed, in fact, and I had a small smile on my face as I walked in.

Luckily for me, the administration office was right next to the entrance, so it was easy for me to grab my schedule and locker combo.

"And Miss Mikaelson, these are Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge, they will be showing you around." Lady said. I thanked her again, turning around to see a blonde and a raven-haired girl standing behind me.

"Hi, you must be Hope, I'm Betty and this is Veronica." Blondie said.

"I'm sure that you will find Riverdale High quite amazing, as I did last semester when I was the new girl." The raven girl-Veronica-said.

"Thanks. So, uh, what's it like here? I went to a private school before so I know literally nothing about anything." I said, laughing slightly.

"Well, it's alright." Betty said.

"It's awesome, don't listen to Debbie Downer. She's still depressed over her boyfriend transferring to Southside High." Veronica said, poking Betty's side and laughing.

"V, Jughead and I stopped dating! I'm pretty sure he was cheating on me. We were just best friends. Besides, it would be weird. He's like a brother to me. I've known him since forever." Betty said to Veronica.

"Of course." Veronica said sarcastically.

The girls finished giving me the tour, which took until about lunchtime, when we arrived at the student lounge.

"Hey Betty, hey Ronnie." A tall ginger boy said, standing up to kiss Veronica.

"That's Archie, Veronica's boyfriend." Betty whispered as Veronica made out with the ginger.

I sat down, feeling slightly out of place, before taking out my phone.

Mom 🙃- 26 missed calls
Uncle Kol 😍😂❤️-5 missed video calls
Unknown number- 33 missed calls

Mom: Hope, where are you? X
Mom: Hope are you alright? X
Mom: Hope, I'm getting worried now x
Mom: HOPE HAYLEY MIKAELSON ANSWER ME!

Uncle Kol: Hope, darling, I get that you want to be like me but disappearing without a trace isn't cool xx

Unknown number: Hope, answer your Mother she is worried and will not stop pestering me!

I shut my phone off, not in the mood to deal with my family right now.

I joined in with Archie, Betty and Veronica when they were teasing each other, even though I was completely confused about their references half of the time, especially the ones that included talking about a boy that had a bullet to the head.

Little did we know, this would be one of the last normal days that we had together, for the future was plagued with more mysteries, deaths and a new relationship that would soon be classed as 'The New Riverdale End Game'.

————
THREE UPDATES OMG WHO AM I AND WHAF HAVE I DONE WITH SHELBEA?! (My name is pronounced Shelby, should I just start spelling it like that or just leave it like this?)

Ok, I'm gonna go write more stuff. Bye people that apparently like my writing!