Chapter 6: Who Will Stay?

Hey guys, I know that it has been quite a long time since I have last posted an actual part. I got sick, so I was unable to write to my best quality. I didn't want to give you a bad piece of work, I decided to wait. I also got pushed back by school and volleyball. I made the A team this year (yeah) so we have a lot of games. I will try and find a better uploading schedule but for now it will probably be around 1-2 weeks.

I do not own the picture, only the characters and story line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last time:

The 4 non chosen will be taken home tomorrow, for now we will be assessing your trip up and who should stay because of the actions on it. We all gasp, only four of us will be allowed to study here. I was not ready to go back, the give this life up, I was going to get into this school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now:

      We walked down the long white corridor, passing classrooms filled with students. It wasn't the normal classwork tho. Some classes had students floating white the teachers was holding their hand out, another a girl was swirling a mini whirlpool on her finger. Others included a storm cloud with kids catching lightning, creating mini rainbows, designing cloud shapes. There was even a dancing class, that looked like so much fun. I despised dancing. I was quite good at it, but I despise it. I was always criticized and it lost all of the fun. The clear glass doors leading to the classrooms were all trimmed in gold. It was truly magnificent. There was magic in the air, no one could deny that statement. We reached the end of the long hallway and there were two magnificent golden doors, clearly for someone of importance.

"Here it is, the headmasters office, please enter" says Professor Mardridge. We slowly nod, knowing after we enter only four of us would be allowed to stay.

'What if I fail, what if I am not truly meant to be here, what if I am sent home, I will not be allowed to go nere Bianca again, or if I do she will brutally punish me, oh god I can't let that happen, I need to get into this school, no I WILL get into this school' I think to myself as I stand up straighter. Professor Mardridge knocks on the giant doors, and they slowly start to open. I gulp slightly and look straight ahead. If I wanted any chance of getting in to this school, I had to make a good first impression. The doors open completely and we see a beautiful women with white hair sitting at a desk waiting for us. She smiles and waves us it. Her plae skin was glowing in the last of the days sunlight. I tentatively step in, everyone following suit. I gently sit down in one of the plush chairs, sinking into it ever so slightly. The red cushion was soft and felt amazing after hiking all day. I let out an inaudiouble sigh as I sit further into the comforting chair.

"I see you are the chosen 8 from Fawan, correct" she asks us. Her silky voice was captivating, and would make anyone want to just keep listening. We nod and her smiles stays on her face. She looks at us, pausing to get a good look at each of us.

"Well, please, introduce yourself. I am Headmistress Vena" she says, smiling gently at as. Everyone goes through introductions, some more confident than others. Greg has a smug look on his face, as if he is certain he will get in.

"Now, we were secretly watching you the entire time on the hike. We will be rewatching the film, before deciding who shall stay and who shall leave. Vena then snaps her fingers and the room goes dark. Her tall windows get covered by draps, and the lights turn off. A projector like thing starts up, and our trip up the mountain is shown. It was pretty boring to be honest. Just us hiking, the occasional break, nothing much. That is, until we reach the cliff. I yell at everyone to get back before fighting the monster. I see Greg doing a mocking imitation of me behind everyone's back. This made me frown. I understood if he didn't like me, but this. I push everyone away from the edge and fall off. Greg smiles widely as everyone runs over to see if I am ok. He starts whistling quietly before putting his hands in his pocket and walking away. I turns to look back, and frowns when he sees me over the cliff. The video continues until we get to the school, and it turns off. The lights go back on, and I glance at Greg. He had a look of horror on, and his eyes were quite wide.

"Well, these are the four children that will be staying here. Tyler Spetson" she says. Tyler gives a huge grin and a tiny victory cheer. "David Spears" David has a colomen look on his face like usual, but I can see happiness in his eyes. "Charlotte Mcqueriel" Charlotte squeals in joy at the news. "And finally, Willow Truelove" she finishes. My eyes light up in excitement. I wouldn't have to go back to Bianca, I was staying here. I give a small smile and sigh out. I was so worried I would have to go back. Notice how I say back, not home. I never truly considered that place my 'home', just my 'temperamental living environment'. I was so gonna enjoy it here, that's what I know for sure. What I didn't know, was what awaited me in the near future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel really bad for the short chapter. I know you expected more since I was gone for so long, but as I said before, I am busy. I know this isn't a good excuses, but it's the reason why. Please don't forget to comment any grammatical or spelling mistakes I have made, thanks.

Word Count: 1017

   -WizardCactus