Chapter 1

I got off of the hovercraft and I was excited to be back home. A smile came across my face as I took a few more steps into the aircraft hangar and looked around for my master. I was one hundred percent sure that we would have had a Jedi Council meeting any minute. As I looked around someone started tapping my shoulder and it was starting to piss me off.

     "What!" I turned around to see my best friend Anakin Skywalker behind me.

   Anakin and I had grown up together in the Jedi Temple.

     "Hi, Alanna." He said with a smirk.

     "Hi, Anakin... ANAKIN!" I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a huge hug.

     "How many times am I going to half to save your ass." I teased him

   "I bet I took out more droids than you did," he said, avoiding my question.

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Do you think that a duelist would be able to beat the Chosen one?" He burst out laughing.

I Pause and stare at his right hand. "What happened to you?"

"Count Duko."

"I see."

"What do you think you are doing?'" A voice boomed through the aircraft hangar. I would recognize that voice from anywhere. It was Mace Windu. My master.

"Hello, Master." We both say quicky.

"Who started it?" He asked and I pointed a finger at Anikin and he hit my shoulder.

"Alanna, We have a meeting." He said. I rolled my eyes grate

"Coming," I said before I followed him out of the hanger.

ANAKIN

     It had been a few weeks since I last saw Alanna I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to our little reunion. As I walked down the hallway, a familiar, red-head Jedi entered from the hanger entrance. Another old friend that I had met when I first became a Jedi.

 "Hey Quinn," I said.

"Hello, Anakin. The Chancellor is looking for you."

"Why does the Chancellor want to see me?"

"He didn't say. He just said to meet in his chamber as soon as possible."

"I have a meeting with Master Obi-Wan, so tell him I'll see him later today."

"He said that it is urgent."

I sigh and quickly weigh my options. "Very well, Tell Master Obi-Wan I will see him later today."

"Very well Anakin. I'll see you soon."

"Bye."

   Quinn walked past me and I entered the hanger Quinn just left. I walked in and waved a hover cab. As I make my way over to the Senate building, my mind races through the excitement of the last few weeks. With the Battle of Geonosis, Alanna's sudden return after months of silence, and my marriage to my beautiful Padme, it seems like I cannot catch a break from everything in my life.

     As I arrived at the Senate building, I made my way to the Chancellor's Imperial Chamber. I entered his private suite and soon found him in his office. The entire room was colored red with a large window placed behind a smooth chrome desk. Chancellor Palpatine sat on his chair with several smaller chairs placed right in front of him. As I carefully entered the room, The Chancellor looked upon me and smiled.

"Hello, Anakin."

"Hello Chalancer, how are you?

"I am fine, I am happy to see you made it back from Geanosese in one peace."

"Quinn said that you wanted to see me."

"Ah yes, It has come to my attention that you and your master encountered Count Dooku correct?"

"Yes, Chancellor. We dueled with him but to no avail. If Master Yoda had not been there, I would not be standing before you, sir."

     "I am aware yes," He said as he stood from his chair. "But still, To go against a Sick Lord as powerful as Dooku and survive is no easy feat. You are lucky you made it unscathed."

     I hesitated for a second as he said that. My body could not stop paying attention to my missing forearm. The one I had lost during the very duel the Chancellor complimented me. I simply nodded as The Chancellor made his way towards me.

      "I am sure that soon you will be able to take him on. Dooku, like most sith lords, is blinded by their desire to achieve power. The Jedi's desire for peace is why you shall win." The Chancellor walked past me to a small cabinet with drinks. "The Jedi Code is a beautiful work of words and morals. It gives me hope for a better future," The Chancellor poured himself a glass as he continued to talk. "One of peace where we can unite the galaxy under one rule." He made his way back to me with two drinks in his hand. I nervously eyed him as he approached me and offered me one of the glasses.

He smiled: "There is no emotion, there is peace."

I took the glass, "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge."

     He raised his glass in the air. "There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony."

I met my glass with his. "There is no death, there is the force."