23. Cheering Him Up

Start from the beginning

"W...Where."

"you know exactly where~"

You were desperate to see her, so you immediately nodded.

"Fine."

....a huge mistake.

....a huge mistake that was...

The next thing you knew, she was being attacked.

David crashed the party and began making contact with (b/f/n).

Contact which will never be forgotten.

As much as you wanted to punch him off, you couldn't.

You were frozen, staring at David in shock, as he licked his mouth once more, finding her screams amusing. He then began on what he always does with you...

and because of that...you never saw her near you again...n e v e r .

~ ~

Bill was silent as you told the story.  Tears were streaming down your face.

"S...She avoided me for so long....s..she moved schools a week later...." Your voice trembled. "M...My mom asked why she never comes by, a-and I couldn't answer that q-question because D-David was always right beside her whenever she asked.." You wiped your tears, but they just kept coming back. Hair was covering Bill's eyes, his fists clenched and trembling.

"A...After that....my friends began to cease to exist....i..it was as if I wasn't their friend to begin with.." You sniffed, "...I never felt so helpless in my life....never."

Bill couldn't take it any longer. He grabbed your shoulders and pulled you closer to him - his arms wrapped around your neck.

"....Stop." Bill whispered, "..J-Just stop right there." His voice was trembling. "I...I can't take it whenever I see you cry...I..It's heartbreaking.." He mumbled. "...(y/n)...I...I am so sorry I brought up this horrible memory.." Bill apologized.

His warmth....

You never experienced it full hand before....his warmth..his tight embrace literally soothed you the moment you realized it. Your hands automatically went around Bill's back, your whole body was trembling.

"....I will make sure none of that ever happens again. I will not let David put his dirty hands on Mabel or Dipper." Bill's grip on you tightened just a little, before the grip was loosened, as Bill looks at you in the eye, his hands slowly wiping your tears.

"I promise you that, okay?" Bill slowly cupped your cheek, a small smile emerging from his lips. You stared at him, nodding slowly.

Oh....he's rather close to me...

Bill's eye averted from your eyes, to your lips, and back to your eyes. His hand slowly pulled you closer to him.

Oh...?

As he drew you closer to himself, words from your (b/f/n) came through your mind.

"When he loves you so much, he would cup your cheek and pull you in for a kiss....isn't it romantic?"

Is he going to...?

Slowly, Bill's eye closed, as so did yours. Your heart was beating so fast, you thought Bill heard it. You felt so happy at this moment.

is this....love?

"M-Mega Biffle? Bill? The cookies are almost ready!" Mabel spoke, getting closer to the room.

A pit stop soon followed for a split second, as Bill immediately pulled back, his head turning over to the door. Mabel peeked in,

"..Did I ruin something?" Mabel asked,

"Yes." Bill nodded his head

"No." You shook your head.

You and Bill spoke at the same time. Mabel blinked, shocked at the sudden response.

"....Well, the cookies are almost ready...B-Bill are you okay?" Mabel asked, looking at Bill. Bill sighed, standing up and approached her, kneeling down.

"Did I worry you?" Bill asked, as Mabel slowly nodded.

"M-Maaaybe a little."

"Well that's a pure yes." Bill chuckled a little, ruffling her hair. "Sorry Shooting Star, I didn't mean to worry you."

"I-I-Its okay as long as you're fine!"

"I am fine." Bill assured, glancing at you "Coming downstairs with us?" Bill asked, as you shook your head.

"I'll join later. I've got something to finish quickly." You answered, as Bill blinked,

"...well okay." Bill stood up, as Mabel took his hand,

"See you in like 5 minutes?" Mabel asked, as you nodded

"Around there."

"Okay!" She was her usual self once more, taking Bill downstairs.

Your cheeks immediately turned red as a rose, and your hands grabbed the nearest pillow and stuffed it in your face - a scream barely came out of your mouth.

I swear I felt Bill's lips brush against mine when Mabel spoke..