"So this place is Soul Society?" questioned Ichigo.

"That's right." she replied with a nod. "This place is commonly known as Rukongai. The place where souls led to Soul Society first reside. It is located on the outer edge of Seireitei, where the Shinigami live. It is the poorest, most liberated place in Soul Society and it is where most souls live."

"If that's true, you wouldn't know it by looking." said Uryu as he looked around.

"What's that?" asked Ichigo when he saw the entrance to Seireitei. "The streets look way different over there."

"Oh, that's-"

"I got it!" He cut off Yoruichi. "That's whatever it's called where the Shinigami live!" He then recklessly ran towards it, shocking the cat and Asa. "Alright!"

"Y-You fool!" it scolded. "Don't approach that place recklessly! You'll die!"

"Huh?" As soon as Ichigo started to slow down to glance at the cat over his shoulder, a huge wall fell from above, right in front of him, as if it knew that he was an imposter about to enter Seireitei. Few more walls followed and they surrounded the entire Seireitei, becoming a gate that prevented him and the others from entering.

"It's been a long time since someone has tried to come through Seireitei without a pass." said a giant, who turned out to be standing in front of him once the clouds of dust cleared up. His hair was tied into a ponytail that extended down his waist, and he has long sideburns, which continued down onto his neck and long enough to be tied up in small tufts. He wore an armour on his left shoulder and upper arm, with the left side of his chest exposed, as well as a red hat with tassels.

"Long time since I've had a visitor. I'll take good care of you, little boy." He slammed the hilt of his axe onto the ground, making dust fly everywhere from the impact. The giant chuckled. "Now, come at me any way you like, little boy."

"He's huge..." pointed our Uryu, trailing off. "What is he? That's the past limits of human size. Who the hell is he?"

"His name is Jidanbou." explained Asa. "He is one of the heroes chosen from all of Soul Society and the gatekeeper for one of the Shidai Seireimon, also known as the Hakutomon."

"Gatekeeper..." repeated the Quincy. "So basically, in order to enter, we have no choice but to defeat him."

"Yes. " replied Yoruichi. "But it's not such a simply feat. After all, it's been three hundred years since he's taken this mission and not once as the Hakutomon ever been breached. He possesses a Herculean strength worthy of legend."

"How can we fight someone like that...?" he questioned.

"It's a chance to show off our intellect." replied the cat. "For now, we should all formulate a plan together." Yoruichi then looked up. "Hey, Ichigo-" It froze when the other two were rushing towards the said boy. "HEY! SADO! ORIHIME! Come back! Come back, you two!" Asa merely sighed at the scene.

'Kurosaki-kun, just wait.' thought Orihime with determination. 'We'll help you as soon as we can.' Like before, her hands reached up to her hair clips as she prepared to help their friend. Upon noticing the two, a wide sinister smile stretched across Jidanbou's face before he struck the ground with his axe, causing it to surge upward and create a wall which prevented them from interfering.

"What the hell was that?!" questioned Uryu with shock. "That's insane!"

"You two have bad manners." commented the giant to Sado and Orihime. "I bet you're from the country. Listen up! In the city, we're got things called 'rules'. Number One, when you come home from outdoors, wash your hands. Number Two, don't eat things that fall on the floor. Number Three, when you duel, come one at a time. My first opponent is the boy with hair like coloured rock candy. Until that's finished, you two sit there quietly." He turned around and stomped away.