ONE

"Ooo girl!" KC squealed to herself as she wrapped the plaid shirt around her waist while looking in the mirror. She was going to go on a camping trip soon and was just packing for it. But little did she know...

Suddenly a strong hand grabs her waist and another covers her mouth. She flinched but didn't attack.

What the hell?— KC thought. But by then she could see who had grabbed her clearly in the mirror. He stared at her expressions with the laser gun up to her head, fingers ready to pull the trigger.

"Don't move." His deep voice whispered. She tried to say something but her voice was too muffled behind his strong hand. She couldn't scream, no, but she knew his one weakness that would get him off of her for sure.

So she licked his hand, and just like she planned, he let go. She elbowed him a bit from behind to back him off. And there both of them stood. He held the gun out, pointing to her chest, ready to shoot.

"By the way, red plaid, not as flattering on you as you think it is." He teased.

KC put her hands on her hips and licked her lips, "What'd you do Brett, come out of your hole to come and insult me?"

Brett smirked half heartedly, "No, actually I came here to kill you— Babe."

She let her hands drop as those words sunk in. KC thought, wait... he's going to kill me? But then quickly realized what a stupid thought that was. She knew he'd never be able to, especially since she knew he liked her a bit. The thought was flattering, though she knew she couldn't like him back, and that killed her. For one obvious reason, organization would never allow it. And secondly why would she anyway. The guy tried to kill her and her family more than once. But that's only what she kept telling herself. And she hasn't noticed that tiny, yet noticeable feelings she's starting to grow for him.

She chuckled slightly and sat down in her chair by her desk, picking up a nail filer, and started to file her nails. She might as well take advantage of this moment by annoying the fuck out of him. Besides, she has nothing better to do really other than to pack up her clothes for camping, but she'd wanted to do that with Marissa anyway.

Brett made his way to the left side of her, pointing the gun at her. He seemed way more interested in that trigger than he should've. She started talking, talking about the most annoying things in the world. Boys she liked, clothes, spy's, nails— or anything that popped in her mind for that matter. She was mostly talking to herself, but she knew for a fact Brett hadn't tuned her out, making it even more annoying.

About 20 minuets had passed, and still, KC was talking, and Brett was standing there, as still as a statue, pointing the gun at her head.

"Are you trying to make me pull this trigger?" He interrupted her story in an annoyed tone. KC fought the need to laugh and turned her head toward him, "It would speed up the process." She sarcastically said, because she knew he wasn't going to shoot her anyway. "Oh don't worry, I'm going to do it." She scoffed, "Okay." "I am!" "Whatever." She shrugged.

When he didn't respond she got up and stood across from him, about 6 feet away.

He stood there, aiming the gun at her, "I am going to shoot you," she crossed her arms, "I will complete this mission, I always complete my missions."

The stood there, not breaking eye contact, about 10 seconds later KC took a step forward and whispered, "Do you want me to pull the trigger?"

"No!" He shouted. KC was getting to him, and that satisfied her. He sighed loudly and put the gun down in his pocket. "Ugh I can't do it."

"Yeah, I could've told you that 20 minuets ago." She said rolling her eyes.

"This isn't a joke KC. If they find out I didn't eliminate you they'll eliminate us both." He said. I frowned. He was right, KC thought, they'll just send someone else anyway.