lunch (draco malfoy x reader(

my fingers aimlessly danced across the keys of my piano.
when i was small my father had decided that for me to grow into a proper lady i had to know how to play, it was only when he died that i found a love for it.
the beautiful sound echoed through the halls of my family manor, it drowned out the sorrows and apparently also the sound of recently arrived visitors. i almost screamed when i felt my mother's gentle hand touched my shoulder. i turned and stood with haste, i managed to bring a polite smile to my face.
i was met with luscious and draco malfoy, both towering over me and my mother. our families both were eager to become one through the hands of me and draco. although i wasn't repulsed by the boy i'd never actually had the opportunity to get to know him. i often wandered if i'd attended hogwarts rather than beauxbatons would we even have been friends?

"you play well"

"i'd like to take you to lunch"

and so, we went for lunch. he eyed me like a prize as he sat across the table from me, conversation began to flow. he told me of his achievements in quidditch and how he loved going for hikes. i spoke of my time in france, i even demonstrated my french, and how i loved the arts.
once we'd finished eating i convinced him to take me for a hike, he agreed on the condition that i play for him in the evening.
we strolled up a hill in the countryside, until i challenged him to a race when we were nearing the peak. i won. we placed a pebble on the cairn together. his eyes sparkled under the light of the winter sun and a comfortable smile graced his face.
when it was time for him to drop me home he accompanied me into the manor and refused to leave until i had played for him and so i sat on my velvet piano bench and played him what had once been my father's favourite, i knew it would impress.

"i hope to spend many more days like this with you" were his parting words.