Chapter 1

[ first fanfic so bare with me XD some oc's included, rated pg-13 for future chapters, il warn you before though! Chapter rating: g]

"Stand out! In front of the crowd, even if i have to shout out loud! "

Roxanne's Powerline themed alarm clock chimed out the first few notes of her favorite song into the silent morning at 6:30 sharp.

The redhead let out a groan as she rolled over and shut the alarm off. Her back gave a satisfying crack. She sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"Why am I up so early?"

Roxanne thought out loud, her eyes landing on the face of her alarm clock.

"Roxanne!" Her dad, a hefty bulldog called up the stairs

"Time to get up princess, first day of school!"

Roxanne bolted out of bed. The first day of school! More importantly, her first day of high school. It may sound silly, but she had the year all planed out. This year would be Roxanne's. She would finally loose her title as the goof girl, the book worm.

Her footsteps echoed throughout her room as she ran around in spite to get ready. Light flooded the room once she threw open her mint green curtains. Roxanne crossed the room to her wooden chair, on it sat the outfit she selected weeks before. A dark mint t-shirt, high waisted shorts, and a pair of white ballet flats sat on the floor near the chair

She changed from her pj's into her clothes, made her bed, then padded to the upstairs bathroom. Brushing her teeth at a leisurely pace, her eyes locked on a big problem. Her gorgeous red locks looked more like a lions mane!

Roxanne put her toothbrush back in the holder and began attacking her locks with a blow dryer and a brush until it was groomed and shiny, it fell loosely at her shoulders.

The young female bounded down the stairs and out the door, the cool morning air blowing through her hair. She took in the scene, a busy street, heavy commute. Skateboarders flooded the sidewalks.

"Roxie!" A familiar voice called

"Hey stacey!" Roxanne replied gleefully.

"I am beyond excited, freshman year can you believe it? I can't! Party's, boys, cheerleading..." Stacey rambled on and on like she usually did. Roxanne occasionally tuned her out, lost in her own plans and thoughts. This time she was focused on a yellow car causing havoc. Swerving this way and that about the road, crashing into fire hydrants and such.

"Roxanne? Are you even lis-"

Her sentence was cut short, as the yellow car had swerved off the road, onto the sidewalk and through a picket fence, directly beside Stacey and Roxanne. Both girls' eyes went from the picket fence, to the car and back to each other. Roxanne felt a tug on her arm as stacey guided her around the car so they could continue the next block to school. As they passed, Roxanne's eyes locked with the figure on the passenger side. He looked about her age. She couldn't tell, he had covered his face with his red hoodie seconds later.

"What a goof!" Stacey exclaimed, pushing her circular glasses back up to the proper spot on her small nose.

"So what is your main goal this year, besides straight A pluses?"

"I-I guess I kinda sorta want...a boyfriend." Roxanne uttered shyly twirling a lock of hair

"Ooooh Roxie!" Stacey trilled, jutting her with her hip

"Okay,okay what's yours?"

"Make the cheerleading squad, loose the bookworm title, I don't know...be popular?"

"That sounds reasonable, this is going to be our year stace!" Roxanne said. Soon the two girls arrived at the school. The lawns were freshly cut, you could smell it. Butterfly's filled Roxanne's stomach as they neared the bright yellow doors to the schools entrance. Freshman year, this was really happening. Would it go as she planned? All Roxanne really wanted was what she imagined every girl wanted, a high school romance. She always thought one like Gabriella and Troy's would be the cutest thing ever. But sadly, it was only a fantasy. Roxanne took a deep breath, and gripped the metal handle to the door.

"This is our one chance Rox, first impressions count! Walk on there like you mean it!" Stacey whispered in her ear

What happened next seemed to happen in slow motion. Roxanne's white ballet flat getting caught in the door jam, falling forward landing face first on the cold tile of the halls, and how quickly the gleeful chatter turned into laughter. Laughter targeted at her.

"Great first impression Roxanne." She muttered to herself