Sleep Well

The boy was trying to get the girl as far as possible away from her father's corpse, but the girl was in a really bad condition.

"Look at me, look..." She seemed doubtful but not about the sentence he just said. She was thinking about all the memories they had together, cheerful and warm father-daughter moments, also sad days after her mother's death. She burst in tears.

"We need to spend the night in somewhere. Do you know any places?"

She looked at John for a second and finally realized they had to go somewhere.

Zatanna wiped her nose and removed the hotel card from her pocket. "We booked a room here."

He suddenly stopped and thought about how smart will it be to be in a place booked from Zatara name?

Then he realized he couldn't care less. This hotel was always in Top 5 Hotels and he had been staying in the streets for a while now. He could take a warm shower and a comfortable bed.

And he was pretty sure, not a single police can catch him.

"Okay, we are going there then." He got excited but didn't tell anything to the girl.

He didn't even try to find the hotel's address, it was the tallest building in the city which anyone can see from anywhere.

They arrived there in fifteen minutes. Before they entered the hotel, he turned to her. "You need to pull yourself together or the receptionist can get suspicious about us."

While they were standing in front of the hotel, he analyzed her. She had that look, like a tough badass girl even with her crying face. He could easily say that she is a cute girl.

After a minute, she was ready to get in. He asked, "Hey, do I know you?" She somehow seemed familiar.

"My name is Zatanna."

He smiled. "You have a very nice name Zatanna. And my name is John." What he wanted to say was, How stupid do you have to be to call your daughter Zatanna, but she was devastated. And he couldn't handle the feelings, it became harder if he was the one who hurt them.

He muttered. "I'm pretty sure I would be happy if my father dies."

The receptionist was smiling when they get it.

Although Zatanna cleared her throat, John came forward to speak.

"Hi. I'm Zatanna's cousin. We booked a room for tonight."

The receptionist checked her computer and asked. "Can I get the name, sir?"

John didn't have the slightest idea. He was really shocked that didn't ask the name on the road. When he turned to Zatanna for help, she seemed like somewhere else again. He was pretty sure she didn't hear the question.

The receptionist asked again. "Sir? You booked the room under whose name?" John could smell his own stupidity inside this big hall.

"Giovanni Zatara. He will be joining us later."

The receptionist took the phone and asked her. "Do you want to call him? He might get anxious about your whereabouts"

The duo shouted at the same time. "No!"

"We really don't need to. He gave us a lift to here."

Zatanna smiled and hoped that receptionist girl believed them.

"Okay madam, your room number is 408. It looks like you are going to stay for 3 nights. Do you have any changes about your plan?"

John took the room's card and put his hand on Zatanna's shoulder. "We'll let you know if something happens."