Pass

Cori Pov

"Okay mom." I say rubbing my temples. "What's the problem?"

"What do you mean?"

"This." I motion to all the overly expensive things she has bought me today. "You bought me everything I touched."

"Is that a problem?" She ask.

"No, but-what's wrong? You're being all weird and nice and stuff. I can't tell if this is your form of Postpartum Depression, residual from your crazy hormones, or if you're apologizing for something."

"First of all I don't get postpartum depression; and secondly, my hormones were, and are, completely normal."

"So you are apologizing."

"I suppose I am, yes."

"What for?"

She sighs and runs her hands through her hair. "Have a seat." She says.

I inwardly groan as I take a seat at the edge of my bed.

My mom pulls out the chair from my vanity and sits in it. "You," she pauses for a second, taking a deep breath before continuing. "You said some things to me last night."

"Like what?"

"Like..um-" she clears her throat and I can clearly see her eyes start to water.

What did I say? "Ma?"

"You were just..just pouring your little heart out."

"Did I say something I shouldn't have?"

She looks at me and shakes her head before smiling and standing back up. "No, you didn't say anything that wasn't true." She chuckles. "I'm gonna go check on the babies." She says turning to leave.

"Do you need any help?" I ask standing.

"No, I got it. The nanny is still here. You're free to do whatever you want for the rest of the day."

My eyebrows shoot up. "You're giving me my car privileges back?"

"For now, yes."

"What? Why?"

She raises her eyebrows and folds her arms. "Do you not want you car back? I mean, I can keep-"

"No!" I shout. I clear my voice. "No. I want my car back."

She nods and turns to leave.

"Wait."

"What is it?"

"When is my curfew?"

"I don't care. Just be back before noon tomorrow."

"Noon?" I repeat. "What about the babies? The nanny has Monday's off and Auntie Kelly asked me to drop Titan off. I already told her yes. And Blue has-"

"Don't worry about it." She says cutting me off. "Me and Jay can handle it. Go do...whatever." She says waving her arms around before walking out of the room.

I stand there in shock and confusion. I went out last night, got drunk, almost went home with a stranger, and as a punishment..I get my car back and my curfew lifted? Weird.

-------------

"Weird." Kelan says over the phone. I had just explained to him what happened. I walk into the condo I was staying at before I went back home, and toss my keys on the kitchen counter. I put the phone on speaker.

"That's what I said."

"So, can we-"

"I don't wanna talk about that."

"You don't even know what I was gonna say."

"You were going to tell me that I need to talk to CC and Laurent. I already told you that I don't want anything to do with them."

"Cori, you don't even know what happened."

"I know they had us halfway across the world looking for Blue when they had her the entire time!"

"That's not what happened! If you would just let them explain then maybe y-"

"Would what? Change my mind?"

"Yeah."

I shake my head even though he can't see me. "Not for nothin', never happen, I'll be forever-"

"Can you be serious for 5 seconds?"

"Yes, but I'm choosing not to. I already told you I'm not interested in having a relationship with either of them but you keep insisting that I do. You do know that I fucked Laurent right? More than once."

He sighs. "Look, I don't care if you talk to Laurent or not, but CC is your sister. You should at least hear her side of the story before making assumptions."

"Assumptions?"

"Yes, assumptions. The same way you did when I was hanging around 'ol girl. You said and I quote 'don't wait for me' so if I was messing around with her, which I was not, it shouldn't have been an issue."

"Well, what was I supposed to think when I saw y'all? I thought that-"

"Thought." He says cutting me off. "Like I said, making assumptions. You didn't even let me get two words in before you were out the door."

I sigh. "I know.. And I'm sorry for blowing up at you like that."

"It's alright. But you gotta trust me."

"I do trust you."

"And trust me when I say you need to talk to CC. I can't tell you what happened because it's not my place, but you definitely don't know everything."

"I'll think about it."

"I'll take it." I can hear his smile over the phone.

"Mhum."

"And you should talk to your mom while you're at it. I don't know what you said to her but-"

"Neither do I-"

"-BUT, you need to figure it out."

"You're such a dad."

" The ladies don't call me daddy for no reason."

"Goodbye, Kelan." I say before hanging up the phone. Niggas.

------------

Bey Pov

"So what do you wanna do about Cori?" Jay ask me.

"What do you mean?" I ask loading the dishwasher.

"You know.. About the incident that happened last night."

"Oh.. um. I don't know. She's a teenager. We've all done one really stupid thing and this one was hers. I say leave it alone."

He chokes on air. "You what?"

"She gets a pass on this one." I say repeating myself.

"A pass, a pass." He repeats. "A pass." He mumbles again on his way out of the kitchen.

I sigh and finish loading the dishwasher, taking a deep breath when I finish.

Does my own daughter really hate me that much?

--------------

Kind of short, I know. But this is sort of a filler chapter to get back into the flow of things.

Haunted and Save me and both been updated so go read those.

Let me know what story you want updated next.

15 votes and 20 comments for the next chapter.