Chapter Fifteen: The Gift by Jim Brickman

Start from the beginning

"Hey! Wha..."

Before he could finish her sentence up...

"I'm gonna wreck his face for doing this!."

She stood up already. Shocked and 'wow!' From his actions.

"Wait, what?!"

"I said..." He throw his gaze on her. His eyes is in flame with the burning anger and irritation. She even flinch a little 'cause he's obviously angry. "...I will wreck his face!" He continued. His foot stepping forward heading to the end of the hallway with a bunch of laughing students. They can see a Stephen that cuddling a bitch on his lap kissing her. What an immoral attitude!. She's trying to stop her by pulling his muscled arms though she knew pulling him isn't the right thing to do. He's tall and huge for Pete's sake!

"Hey! Frank! Stop!"

But his eyes is stern and serious, heading to the group of students. Stephen, for an exact. Without further ado, he pushed the bitch sitting on his lap and give him a loud smacking sound on his face. He punch him with his closed tight fist, 'causing him to lie on the floor.

"P*tang *na ka!" Stephen says retorting a heavy punch on his left face that caused a bruise on his lip. Fresh Blood dripping down from it. Dawn immediately help him stood.

"Stop it Stephen! Please!" She pleaded with a cry.

"Tama na Frank..." She look in his eyes "...please."

They two stood up and walk away the hallway. They headed to Dawn's car and after, arriving at her house...

"Wait here. Kukuha lang ako ng First Aid Kit." She says taking up her steps upstairs not waiting for his response. He's simply sited on the couch while roaming his eyes around the room. It's a beautifully designed glass walls house with those paintings on the wall. He can see she's fond of art or any related. And there's her name signed on the bottom of the painting. It's an evening sky with a lots of stars on it. What a beautiful scenery. But a sweet angelic and familiar voice interrupted him.

"Hey..." Says she

The footsteps were heard closer to him while his eyes was glued on her. She haven't change her school uniform instead, holding a box which has a signed 'First Aid Kit' on it. She seated beside him and slowly held his head by the chin, making his face her. 'God! He's so handsome!' She thought. Yet she diverted her stare aways from his face and grab the cotton and put some alcohol in it. Doing it continuous, the cotton gently pressed on his lower lip which made him flinch.

"Sorry..."

The silence engulf the atmosphere when she spoke to broke it.

"Why did you do that?" She says tentatively with her eyes not parting from his lip.

"Your welcome."

She rolled an eye on him.

"You need not to do that tho."

"I just want to... Aw!" He suddenly flinched

"Sorry. Ikaw kasi eh. Magalaw ka masyado..."

"Why are you keeping that martyrdom to yourself? Ain't you felt you're useless to him? 'Cause everyone around you can see that." Says he

Well, it's true. All of her friends and classmates advices her to get and break up with him. 'Cause it's obviously causing her a bad image in the school. Stephen is a badass guy who always flirts with someone else. That's what her boyfriend is. The only reason why she had a relationship with him is that, it's because he forced her.

Silence swallowed her. Even a look in the eye is hard for her now. It's because she's ashamed of her cowardice and the shame engulf her now, she feels.