Chapter Fifteen: The Gift by Jim Brickman

"All I want is to hold you forever. All I need is you more everyday. You save my heart from being broken apart. You gave your love away, and I'm thankful everyday, for the gift.

-The Gift by Jim Brickman

**********

Author's Note: This is from the flashback scene of their highschool days. May contain languages that were not suitable for young readers. Open mindedness is strongly advised.

FLASHBACK...

"Let's go Starbucks Frank!" Says Andy, his friend.

"Why not Ands! Basta libre mo!" He retorted

The hallway were filled up with their laughters and footsteps approaching outside the campus. It's their volleyball practice session every friday afternoon with his co-players for the closing Intramurals. But suddenly, someone caught his attention.

"Pare, una na kayo."

"What do you mean Frankie?! You're not comin' with us?"

"Sorry guys. This is important."

"Kay! Basta next time ha! Ikaw taya!"

"No problem. Bye now."

So he came closer to the person who caught his attention and sited beside her. She's sobbing so hard with her head on her folded knees. Her hair was in a mess scattered all over her face. 'She's crying again' he thought.

"Someone doesn't deserve those tears of yours Dawn."

Her head lookin' up showing her messy face with those hairs sticked on her face by her dried tears. Eyes in a red frame with verges of tears that she's obviously keeping for quite a long time. A crest on her forehead is showing like she haven't minding it since he came there. But her Angelic face were still standing out from those 'messy' face.

"Y-you know my name?"

"Uhm... I mean, Huh? What name?" He's denying it. Yet he had a crush on her since first year in Highschool, and he's known to be the "mister playboy", he hadn't come to her to confess her feelings, tho he tried for a dozen times. He's coaxing to her nearer yet there's a part of him avoiding it. She sniffed without bothering to wipe her sweat urging and running almost like a river from her forehead down to her neck. He noticed that her sweat was produced by the nose and from the upper lip. The sorrow was with her, he can see that.

"You just mentioned it. You called me and I heard it."

"Uhm... Well... I..." He took a deep sigh before proceeding

"I knew you since year one. Uhm... If you don't mind me asking... What happened?." He had a serious tune and apparently his full concern for her. Which she made into thought, 'Wew! What? He's concerned? Hell no!'

"Don't bother..."

"I'll listen. Trust me." His eyes meets hers. And she can read her sincerity and care through her gaze. Her iris says it all. It describes and gives her the meaning and somewhat, a thing that she can't explain even express by a smile or anything.

"He dumped me." She says tentatively though her anger and pain were showing by the cracked voice her sentence had a while ago.

"Stephen?!."

She just nodded upon hearing him. Though it ills her, it kills her rather, to mention his name. The name that shattered her heart for the first time. Damn it! She's being frantic again. He too, obviously. He stood up with an anger with his fist closed. Thumbs hardly pinned into the forefinger's side with his gritted teeth.