We followed the man to the elevator and he took us to the 32nd floor. It was a large circular meeting room. The floor was a lush black carpet with five large mahogany desks arranged in a circle with a large chair and a smaller one a little further away for the assistants. Each desk had a name plate, my father’s was just to the right of the one that had Master Clive plastered onto it.

Two of the desks were already filled with the others that made up the council. Grayson sat to the left of Clive’s chair. He was the main vampire in charge of choosing and turning humans into half bloods. He was a pure-blood of course, only pure-bloods can turn humans. All decisions had to go through Clive of course, but Clive trusted Grayson completely and he hadn’t let the clan down yet with a poor decision. He was taller than most, a lean frame and true to his name he had a full head of gray hair that was currently slicked back on his head. He wore a very nice and expensive tailored suit. His assistant sat attentive and professional right behind him. She had long brown hair and was currently wearing a skin tight red dress that came up to her mid thigh. I wonder if Grayson also used his assistants for more than taking notes at boring meetings like this.

To his left was Kent. Kent was the newest and youngest of the council. He was in charge of day to day operations of the clan. He had to make sure everything was running smoothly and most importantly, that our presence here was kept a secret. We were one of the largest Vampire Clans in the world, keeping our secret was a huge task. Although Kent was the youngest he was much older than me and much smarter. Kent’s IQ was off the charts and Clive instantly knew he had to have him as part of the clan and the council. He was a pureblood from another clan in Germany but Clive apparently made a deal with the Master there and Kent came to live with us. No one really knows what the deal was. He looked about 20 years old, a baby face. He had short brown hair that was neatly trimmed on the sides and wore a tight fitting black suit similar to the one Clive’s assistant was wearing. Kent’s assistant was also a woman, pretty, wearing a tight suit that hugged her chest way too much. She was either a butting scholar trying to get in good with the smartest vampire around, or a slut trying to get into the pants of a vampire on the council. If it was the latter I already knew she didn’t have a chance, he was completely into guys and I didn’t see that changing for another century or two. We had a couple rounds back before I met Wesley, he was amazing in bed, but not as amazing as my Wesley.

My father said a quick hello to both gentlemen before he took his seat. Another minute went by and then we heard a commotion coming from the elevator. We all knew who that was. The last of the council’s leaders was named Hunter. He was in charge of defense and training fighters for the clan. He was crude and obnoxious. I don’t know how Clive puts up with him but I guess he is the best at his job.

“Drop it one more time and I’ll rip your head off you worthless piece of shit!” we heard him scream from down the hallway and I already felt bad for his most recent assistant.

He didn’t keep assistants long. He either scared them to the point of quitting or killed them out of annoyance. Clive always scolded him for it but nothing ever seemed to change. He could be very intimidating, especially for a newly turned half-blood. In walked, or should I say stumbled, Michael, the newly turned half-blood that my dad and I trained a few weeks ago.

Hunter stomped over to his chair and sat down with a huff. He had longer bright red hair that was shaved on one side. He had a lot of tattoos all over his muscular body and just as many piercings to go with them. He was wearing a leather jacket and black jeans that hugged his hips with various chains coming off them.

Michael was carrying some folder in his hands, what I’m assuming he dropped in the hallway, he walked over and took his seat right behind Hunter. I felt bad for the poor guy, he landed this job not even a year into the change, he was still getting used to things and no doubt Hunter was being insensitive about it.