Safety

Safe·ty/ˈsāftē/- noun-the condition of being protected from or unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury

Safe·ty
/ˈsāftē/- noun
-the condition of being protected from or unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury.

According to Google, safety is the state of being protected from potential danger and harm. Safety comes in different aspects and one of those aspects is our information's security. We all know how advanced our world is now, you can definitely find out almost anything under the sun in just a matter of seconds, you can find your long lost relative on social media, you can even show off your talents online and when it becomes viral and you're an instant world sensation!

 We all know how advanced our world is now, you can definitely find out almost  anything under the sun in just a matter of seconds, you can find your long lost relative on social media, you can even show off your talents online and when it becomes...

BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT ARE THE HARM INTERNET MIGHT CAUSE US?

•Bullying
-One of the disadvantages the internet gives us is cyberbullying. Children as young as toddlers are so fond of the internet and online games these days that they are sometimes subjected to CYBERBULLYING if parents are not watchful of their children's online activities.

•Scam
-Are you a fan of internet shopping? Then this one's for you. Scamming is so popular nowadays mostly because of easy access. Whenever you see a dress, make-up, or even a book signed by your favorite author, you can very easily click and pay and the product will be shipped to your doorstep. But what if the product you bought didn't arrive? Then, probably, you were scammed.

•Exploitation and pornography
-At the speed and easy access of pornographic sites on the internet, predators find it easier to pretend to be someone and find victims-mostly minors-who are subjected to sexual exploitation.

•Identity Theft
-Photos can be accessed on the internet, since almost every person has social media accounts that are open to the public. Just by knowing a person's name, some basic information about them and a picture is enough for their identity to be stolen on social media.

SAFETY is the most important thing we should prioritize online and the first thing to consider . Think safety, when we surf. Act safely.