I stared at her in shock.

"You've read it?". I shrieked.

"Well..... Only some of it. Oh heck, you don't mind do you?". She asked, blinking wildly at me.

"No, no not at all". I smiled broadly. "Well, I mean that's great!".

Wow! This was a first!
Sarah had never, ever shown much interest in anything  I'd ever done before! Whether it was personal or in a professional capacity.
She just never seemed that interested in me.
To her, I suppose, I was a bit of an oddity. She had always been very studious and also extremely confident.
I was not.
Sarah would surround herself with a large number of friends and involve herself in all kinds of social activities.
I was,  by my own admission, a bit of a daydreamer.  Not one for gadding about with huge gangs of people. I preferred one to one interaction and was somewhat quieter and more reserved.
It never stopped me though, from having dreams of making it onto the stage and becoming a performer, as I would constantly watch musicals and plays whenever I could wishing that one day perhaps star as a leading lady in one.
Even when I made the monumental decision to follow my dream to become an actress and move away down to London to live, she never seemed to bat an eyelid.
Probably thought that I would never survive.

I gave a little sigh as I remembered just how excited I was when I succeeded in my audition to get a part in a Harry Potter film.
I was literally beside myself with happiness but I remembered that she just shrugged at me and said "Oh".
That disappointed me so very much and I was really quite upset and hurt about her attitude towards something that I thought was really rather brilliant.
I vowed then that I wouldn't involve her in anything about my life again and that seemed to suit her admirably as well, for she never asked or enquired about me at all.

But now this!
The fact that she was actually holding a film script in her hands.......... my film script and read it, was quite the revelation!
It was also hard for me to believe that she also came out looking for me last night as well!
Now that was really out of character.
And the way in which she gently helped me into bed last night too.
It was almost caring. Something that I never believed Sarah could actually be!

I sat more upright and beamed widely at her.
I wanted to know more about what she thought of the script.
It sort of mattered, somehow.

"So, what's your opinion on what you've read so far? Do you think it's any good? Tell me honestly".  I asked, excitedly.

Sarah flicked through some more pages and without looking up answered.

"I like the girl, Christina and I can see why this man Jonathan as fallen for her, but he seems to be fighting his feelings all the while.  He's a man very much consumed by his own prejudices and that of other people's.  His brains, unlike a lot of men's, are definitely not in his pants".

My stomach twisted at her assumption and my hands gripped themselves around one another as an image of last night's horrendous events flashed into my mind.
Sarah glanced at my strange reaction, but carried on:

"He does come across as being a bit of a gentleman who wants to do right by this girl though, but to be honest, she isn't making life very easy for him".

I smiled at her in depth summary and rather liked that she had really given it some thought and more especially called Alan Rickman's character a gentleman!
Somehow that statement really pleased me!

She went on:

"I think there is more going on here than she just being the daughter of his best friend though".   Sarah added, looking up at me.
"I'm right aren't I?".   She asked.