chapter four

AMARA ROSE
chapter four

Edwin ushers a cold beer into my hand. He takes a swig of his own. His brows were furrowed as he looks out over at the other boys.

All of them were bending themselves backwards as they attempted to put up the tents for Caleb's scheduled camping day.

"Do you think we should help them?"

I purse my lips and shake my head. "No, I think they have everything covered." I say, taking a gulp of the pungent liquid I was offered.

He hums in response before pitching the empty beer bottle onto the sand, it then joining his other three.

"Fuck!" A loud voice booms out from the group of boys opposite us.

Edwin picks up another beer from the case on the ground. He sighs, leaning over and clinking the bottle with mine.

"Cheers." We both say in unison before raising them to our mouths.

°°°°

The campfire had been brought to life after several failed attempts and we all were now gathered around it.

There was a comfortable silence that had settled over the six of us. All that could be heard was the crackling of the fire and the occasional clinking of Edwin's rings against the whiskey bottle he held.

"We should do something. Something that our mothers would be ashamed of us for. " The persistent Nick Mara speaks up, breaking away the tranquil aura that had previously exsisted amongst us.

"An orgy?" The Porter boy, who was seated directly across from me, says.

We all couldn't help but laugh at his peculiar suggestion. Caleb nudges Austin's shoulder, only making his smirk grow wider.

"No." Nick calls out, his lips twitching up into a michevious grin of his own.

"What exactly do you have on your mind then?" Brandon queries as he pops the cap off of the whiskey Edwin had so generously offered him.

The boy exhales dramatically. "Well, it's a beautiful night..we've got this beautiful ocean.."

"Wait," I speak up as I lean forward, ceasing the boy's words. I point over at him,"Your sleazy ass is wanting to go skinny dipping, aren't you?"

Nick bites down onto his bottom lip, shrugging his shoulders. "Maybe I am."

Brandon laughs coarsely before shoving the now empty bottle back into the Dominican boy's hands. He stood up. "I'm in."

He then begins to tug his plain white t-shirt over his head, revealing his toned abdomen.

"What are all of you guys waiting for? Christmas?" He grins, the glowing fire reflecting in his brown eyes.

Edwin had then took it upon himself to join in, muttering a 'fuck it' before unhooking the collection of chains adorning his neck. Nick and Caleb were hot on his heels. They both began tugging off their baggy pants.

Austin and I were both staring over at one another across the fire. He was shaking his head,"Wanna dip?" He mouths.

I was moments away from giving him a response before a pair of pants were thrown at me.

I look up, finding a grinning, nearly-nude Brandon Arreaga to be the culprit.

"Are you down to undress for me, Amara?" He asks.

I smiled as I peered up at him, rolling my eyes. "How many times do I have to explain to you that I am in no way interested in you."

He held up his hands. "Hey, who said anything about me wanting you to be interested in me again? I just want to see you strip for me one last time."

I laugh as I stood up. I quirk up an eyebrow. "Are you aware of what the term friends means?"

"Hm, that's odd. It seems as if I don't remember. I think it might be because I'm too busy invisioning you naked."

The boy was now grinning profusely. I couldn't find it within myself to mantain eye contact with him any longer. I then decided to advert my eyes else where, only for them to land on Caleb's bare ass as he hurtled towards the ocean.

"Oh wow." I say with a laugh, turning away frantically as I then realized I was surrounded by not one- but a total of four naked boys.

"That's my queue." I hear Brandon say before ditching his very last article of clothing, running to join his friends.

Austin laughs as he watches them swim around, folding his arms across his chest. He glances over at me. "It's just me and you now, A." He grins. "Do you want to hotbox a tent?"

I nod my head furiously. "Hell yeah."