"From the first time I sensed you, sweetheart, you were mine." His ending note came out at a growl.

The vibration sent chills down my skin from the top of my head down to my toes.

I tried my very best not to show him fear, but I had no doubt he could smell it.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I inhaled deeply and said, "I don't know if you know this, but I am a human being and as a human being I have the right to live as I choose. I am neither a thing you can play with, own or take advantage off. I want to leave this place, go home and, you and your hocus-pocus-or whatever can just take a shit!"

I turned on my heel and headed towards the doo, after mentally applauding myself for keeping my backbone.

"Hold on a minute."

I feel the tug on my shirt. I look back to see him pinching the fabric between his thumb and index finger. With as much effort I could afford, escaping his hold was impossible. Ironically, I felt like a dog tied to a leash.

"Let go, jerk." I screamed.

"No"

That's when I screeched like a banshee and nearly broke the glass.

Okay maybe not, but if I had used a higher octave I would have.

"Great. You've graciously announced yourself to the whole house." Greyson muttered.

What does that mean? I struggled more making it twice as difficult for him to bind me into his hard muscular arms. At the same time, I felt his hesitancy to crush me as if he could squeeze me like a tube of toothpaste.

Puh-lease...

Guys who overestimate themselves are so annoying.

"Touch my butt one more time and you're going to have to say sorry to your hand mister!"

"You are too freaking adorable...you know that." He sounded sarcastic, but at the same time it felt like he meant it too.

I grumbled loudly letting him know how much I hated him and hid how much my thoughts of him being so close made me feel sizzling warm.

Again his arms grazed my bare skin. The warmth and weight of him, made my body aware that Greyson was not a boy, but a man.

"Greyson, it's your father. What happened? Did you mark her? The whole house heard her scream!"

Fists pounded at the door.

"Shit." Greyson muttered.

I looked up and saw his cheeks turn a shade of red.

"What does mark mean? And why are you blushing?"

Greyson was fired so many questions by more voices from thither side of the door but none were answered even mine.

"Greyson, honey!" Now it was his mother. "I know you just found her, but I think it's a little too early for-

"I DIDN'T MARK HER!" Greyson practically roared.

The people on the other side silenced. Someone could have dropped a coin on the carpet and we could have heard it.

"Oh," Was his mother's only response until a curt giggle sounded after it.

"Lexie, go back to your room!" Greyson shouted.

"You can't tell me what to do!" She yelled back.

"Me neither!" I added, loud enough for the people on the other side to hear.

Greyson sent me a glare. "The women in my life are bent on driving me insane."