Chapter 2

She opened her eyes an hour later and sat up straight away.

"What happened?" She asked.

"You collapsed, so I sat down and waited until you woke up" I said.

"Oh, Thankyou," she mumbled.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Elisabeth" she replied.

"It's nice to meet you Elisabeth, I'm Cameron," I said standing up and then helping her get up.

"Come on, lets get you cleaned up," I said.

"Okay," she replied. We both walked out of the forest.

We started walking back to my house to see if mum and David were finished arguing. Luckily when we got back, David had left so he and mum had finished arguing. I opened the door and held it open for Elisabeth.

"Mum, I'm home, but Emma is still at Jackson's house," I said.

"Okay," she said standing up and coming over. "Oh, and who is this?" She asked.

"Mum, this is Elisabeth," I said "and Elisabeth, this is Karen, my mum" I introduced them both. "Do you mind if she stays over for a little?" I ask mum.

"Yeah, that should be ok," she says.

"Thankyou, mum," I say.

I take Elisabeth upstairs and get her some of my clothes to change into since my mum doesn't like sharing her clothes. "Here, go have a shower and then get changed into these," I say handing her a t-shirt and some sweatpants.

"Thankyou, where is your shower?" She then asked grabbing the clothes.

"Oh right, this way," I say leading her to the bathroom and turning the shower on for her.  "Is that temperature alright?" I asked.

She put her hand in the water, "that's perfect, Thankyou," she said.

I turned around, closed the door and went back to my room to watch a movie while I waited.

After a few minutes I heard the water stop running. After a few more minutes I hear knocking on my bedroom door. I go over and open the door and let Elisabeth in. I sat down on my bed and patted the spot beside me for her to sit down. She came over and sat down next to me.

"So, what happened to you? Why were you in that little room?" I asked her.

"My parents," she started, "they wer- wait you aren't one of them right?!" She said grabbing me by the collar.

My eyes widen in surprise, "what?! One of who?!" I asked scared.

"How do I know I can trust you?" She said tightening her grip a little. "Why were you in the forest and what are the chances of you finding me?" She asked.

"My mum and her boyfriend had a fight so I had to take my littl- wait. Emma!!" I remembered I still need to get Emma, I tried to get out of Elisabeth's grip but she was so strong.

"You're not going anywhere until you explain how you found me," she said.

"My mum and her boyfriend had a fight and I had to drop my little sister off at her friend's house. Once I had done that I went into the forest and explored a part I hadn't been to yet. And I found that little room you were in." I said, calming down a little when I felt her grip loosen.

"Okay~" She said. "Well my parents were murdered by an old family friend, he captured us and tortured us. He killed them but locked me in that room to die," she explained.