"She answered so many wrong questions. Your mom lied to me, she purposely failed the exam. And because of that, I lost almost everything, I stopped for two years from school. If it's not for Jungkook's father, I wouldn't be able to graduate."
       Her husband looked at her with more pity.

And even me, I felt guilty...
For my Mom's deeds. But it isn't what I know, Mom is not like that kind of person. She can't even lie to anyone.

"It has been several years, it has been more than twenty years already, but I still don't know why she did that. I still don't know the reason why she suddenly became like that. We're best friends, and even after that incident, even after the things we shared and have been through together, she didn't explain to me, she didn't approached me and just left me like it's all my fault."
         She's hurt badly, and that's visible on her, just the way she speaks everything out.

"And add that...she and her new friends bullied me as if they are some kind of bitches that ruined a nerd's life, and school became the image of hell for me."
        I can't take it anymore...

I'm mad...
I can feel lividity but I can't blame her.
I suppose not to believe her story, but the way she say it all, I hear unfeigned words.

"I'm sorry..."
       Was the only thing I have uttered.

I was about to approach her, but she stepped back and signaled me to stay on my position.

"It's not all about the business, Park Chaeyoung. It's not all about the business, my son. There's something more and that something..."
        She war halted from her words...

As my body voluntarily knelt down on the floor.
My hands interlocked together, showing that I'm sincerely apologetic about everything.

"Chaeyoung, get up. Chaeyoung."
       It was Jungkook who's demanding me to stand up but I ignored and shrugged it off.

"I'm sorry, Madam. I'm sorry."
        I apologized, eyes continuously let out tears, hands are gripping with each either, while knees are touching the ground.

"What a pity."
        She commented.

"It's so embarrassing to see her daughter begging for forgiveness for what she had done."
        I heard her sarcastic laugh before stating.

I bowed my head, closer to the ground to show more respect.

"I can't believe this."
        I heard her voice closer than earlier, she must be crouching to reach my level.

"It's not your fault."
        She stated.

And I lifted my gaze up to her as I heard it.

"But I can't ease seeing you, her daughter as my son's girlfriend, and more, as his wife. It'll just remind me of everything that had happened. The days I came to school with sorrowful state. Oh, and let me add this, after that incident on the exam, she stole your father from me, he's my boyfriend before."
        She's smiling, not because it's funny or else, but because she's satisfied to see me begging for the forgiveness for the mistake that I didn't commit.

"So, it's a no for you, Ms. Park. I'm sorry, but me and your mother are still not in good state. Maybe, if she'll do the same thing you're doing now, I'll let everything pass."
        She lifted my chin up with her finger, it was gentle yet I know, she's treating me inside her head with hatred.

"But your mother's pride won't let that happen. Now, you may go, and please, stop bothering us."
        After that...

They left...
She walked out with a proud composition, confident walk and expression despite of the tear stains on her face.

And me...
I stayed there on the floor, still crying.
And all that Jungkook had done was to hug me from behind and try to calm me with shushing sounds.

"I know...
My parents' mistakes...
Will also be mine.
That's the humanity's mindset already."

💎💎💎

A:   I am not sure if all of the scene transitions are fine but I hope nothing is awful.

And yeah, we have that sudden plot twist. It's planned, actually, but it wasn't been able to foresee by you, guys, readers.

Also, SORRY for shortcomings.