I. RUNAWAY BRIDE

RUNAWAY BRIDE!

• • • •

Rachel sat in between her old best friend - Monica Geller - and her brother - Ross Geller - in a coffee shop called Central Perk in New York as the Gellers and their other friends looked at the girl expectantly.

"So you wanna tell us now, or are we waiting for four wet bridesmaids and groomsmen?" Monica asked before Teddy entered the coffee shop.

"Teddy?!" Monica, Chandler and Ross exclaimed.

"Hey guys," The eldest Green smiled, hugging each of them in turn, and then Chandler, "I was just paying the taxi driver." He explained.

"Uh, guys, this is Teddy," Monica introduced the second Green of the day, "Teddy, this is Joey and Phoebe."

"Hi." Teddy grinned, shaking both of their hands.

"Hey." Joey nodded.

"Wow." Phoebe muttered, grinning.

"Anyway, carry on, Rach." Monica told her friend, as Teddy sat on the armrest of the couch.

"Oh God... well, it started about a half hour before the wedding. I was in the room where we were keeping all the presents, and I was looking at this gravy boat. This really gorgeous Lamauge gravy boat. When all of a sudden- Sweet 'n' Lo?" She said to the waitress that brought her coffee, before continuing, "I realized that I was more turned on by this gravy boat than by Barry! And then I got really freaked out, and that's when it hit me: how much Barry looks like Mr. Potato Head. Y'know, I mean, I always knew looked familiar, but... Anyway, I just had to get out of there, and I started wondering 'Why am I doing this, and who am I doing this for?'. So anyway I just didn't know where to go, and I know that you and I have kinda drifted apart, but you're the only person I knew who lived here in the city."

"Who wasn't invited to the wedding." Monica nodded.

"Ooh, I was kinda hoping that wouldn't be an issue..." Rachel cringed.

***

An hour or so later, the Green siblings stood in Monica's kitchen, still slightly damp in their wedding attire. Rachel was pathetically trying to get a word in, as her father shouted at her down the phone, and Teddy was using Joey and Chandler's phone to talk to his girlfriend.

"Yeah, Millie, we're here, and we're fine," He said to the girl he loved, "No I think I'm coming home tonight... okay, well I'll call if there's any change of plans... I love you too."

The brunette sighed, hanging up, before handing the phone back to Chandler.

"Thanks man."

"No problem."

Teddy let an amused smirk onto his face, as he leaned on the back of Monica's couch, joining in on watching the Spanish Soap Opera.

"Now I'm guessing that he bought her the big pipe organ, and she's really not happy about it." Monica proposed to the small group.