The house of danger

Mulai dari awal

Yuanji frowned. "You're scarier in person than your reputation said to be."

Princess Li said nothing more before walking off. She left Yuanji to ruminate her threats.

He watched her leave, loosening a breath he'd been holding. Not once he'd been threatened and dominated by a woman until now. He relaxed and went on his way out to the courtyard to join his sister and his best friend in the garden.

 He relaxed and went on his way out to the courtyard to join his sister and his best friend in the garden

Yuanji came to join us about an hour later. He strolled solemnly with his arms tucked behind his back. He smiled at me, and I noticed right away the stiffness on his simper.

Had he drunk too much that a bad hungover clung to him?

But as he got closer, I noticed it was something else. No, Yuanji doesn't have a headache, he looked worried.

"Is everything alright, eldest brother?" I asked concerned.

"Everything is fine, my dear little sister." He answered. "No need for your concern." He turned his attention to Jingam who had not taken his eyes away from me.

"May I speak with you for a moment?" My brother asked.

Jingam lifted his eyebrows and glanced at him. "Of course."

"Alone." Yuanji pressed.

Jingam pursed his lips. "Oh!"

He turned to me, "hang in there, little bird." Jingam picked up my hand and brushed his soft lips against it. I smiled and forced myself to blush. "I will be right back."

I nodded while he let go of my hands. Jingam rose to his feet and Yuanji led him a few feet away from my earshot while I turned my attention back to the book I was reading. Whatever they're discussing, it must be a matter of importance since the hisses and concern in their voices are evident. It made me feel unease as the cloud of worry began to suffocate me.

Yuanji ushered me back inside the manor and back to my room after the conversation. He didn't tell me what it was about, but said, it's best if I were to stay inside my chamber until he comes back.

What began as a beautiful day turned cloudy by the afternoon. Storm clouds rolled in, darkening the sky and by midafternoon, the storm raged in. I thought it was odd for the storm to appear in the middle of the fall season. Especially in this part of the country. The Changi manor is located more inland, far away from the ocean, the storm never comes this far.

"Isn't this the perfect time for romantic cuddling?" Murmured Jingam, his fingers crept around my waist and into my stomach, pulling me to his chest. I hardly noticed him come into my chamber.

"You are stealthy, lord Jingam." I murmured, my hands closed around him, feeling his knuckles in my palms. "But, you mustn't be here. My brother said he'd come to get me."

"I'm sure your brother wouldn't mind." He breathed.

"He may not, but I am yet your wife."

"Non-sense." He said, his lips dangerously close to my ear and I felt the sensual caress of his breath seduced me. "You are soon to be my bride."

"Soon," I whispered.

"Not soon enough..." He whispered back, his embrace tightening around my belly.

"I'm afraid you must release all that pent-up frustration in your wife instead, lord Jingam."

He groaned and kissed my neck. "No, I don't want her tonight. I want you."

"You can close your eyes and pretend she's me."

"No, I don't want to close my eyes tonight. I want to bed a woman I want. I want to make love, I want to be passionate, I want to do all the things I have not been able to do. I don't want to do it just to get it over with." He kissed my shoulder, his curious hands sliding lower and lower, slipping under my skirt and into the crevices of my hot thighs.

I panicked and yanked away from him.

He let go, hurt scarred his voice. "Little bird?"

"No, not tonight. You gotta give me time."

"But, I won't hurt you. I'll make sure, I'm gentle." He murmured.

"Yeah, but, you can't."

"Why not?"

"You have to make me fall in love first."

He smiled. "Very well, my love."