Nine

She yawned for the fourth time that morning as she poured herself another cup of coffee. After going separate ways with Ramses, fatigue had finally gotten the best of her and she managed to make it to the couch and ended up falling asleep there instead of the floor. Cleo yawned again and looked around as people started to come in for the morning rush before it became too hot. She headed downstairs to do inventory, her footsteps not making a sound against the concrete stairs. How she became so light footed was beyond her.

It was sort of eerie being down here that every little nose sent goosebumps on her skin. There wasn't much lighting either so that didn't help. If one could guess, she'd say that she was in horror movie but there was nothing she could do about it. Instead of letting the darkness that was present freak her out Cleo let her mind wonder to something else or rather someone else. She was surprised Ramses didn't come in during the night and wake her or carry her to her bed. He was definitely not your average guy. Pausing in the middle of writing something down, her brows furrowed. Something happened between Horus and Ramses, from the way he was serious and wanting to know what was said, Cleo had to guess that it wasn't anything good. She felt bad for Ramses in a way. To always be at odds with your sibling and never have a close relationship was just horrible. She couldn't imagine her and Len being at odds like that. Cleo glanced around and rubbed her arm. Knowing Ramses he'd end up finding her note by now and probably be pissed that she didn't wake him or wait for him.

 By the time noon came around she was ready to relax for a few hours before her next shift. After walking through her door, she paused as Ramses paced up and down her living space, making Cleo shake her head.

“Do you want a sandwich?” She walked into the kitchen and heard the pacing stop as she gathered everything she needed from the fridge.

“Where have you been? Do you know how worried I was?” She rolled her eyes.

“Didn't you read the note?” Cleo turned and seen his confusion.

“What note?” She pointed to the piece of paper on the wall and watched as he stared it before sighing and running his hand through that light brown hair, “no, it appears I didn't.”

“Figures.” Was all she said as she made them both a sandwich and put the ingredients away. She moaned as she took a bite and blushed when she realized Ramses was staring at her with a smirk on his face. Freaking jackass was a perv. Shaking her head, Cleo grabbed her sandwich and headed towards the couch with Ramses right behind her. She couldn't put her finger on it but something seemed off.

 After his brother left last night, Ramses didn't think about anything except for letting off steam so he ended up leaving for a little bit to do just that. By the time he was calm and came back, he never expected to find himself in front of Cleo's door but he never entered. Ramses had used some of his powers to see if she was still there and after hearing the steady pulse of her heart beat, he let her be. After working at the museum he figured she would've been tired. The moment he woke up this morning and sensed something was off, he entered her side and just about lost it when he realized that Cleo wasn't there. And now here she sat across from him acting as if it wasn't a big deal that she left without him. He sighed and finished his sandwich. How was he suppose to watch her and try to figure out his brother's plan at the same time? It just seemed like everything was slowly falling apart.

“Ramses what's wrong?” He glanced at her to see her with her brow raised.

“Nothing.” One simple word seemed to set her off as her eyes ignited and he wondered if she would punish him for it. Instead she rolled her eyes and headed into her room after she stood.

“Fine, but the more troubling the matter is and you hold it in, its only a matter of time before it consumes you.” He stared at her in shock as he watched her disappear. Was he even sure Cleo was human? With the way she acted and how she phrased her words, made him think otherwise.

 Although she was right. Standing up, he walked into his side of double end suite and pulled out his phone. After pressing a button and holding it to his ear, it didn't take long for the person on the other end to answer.

“Horus showed up.” The other end was quiet before Basat repeated what he said and a few echos of curses and swears were heard especially after telling them what happened.

“So how exactly are you suppose to get the soul?”

“I don't know. Tut's soul is long gone so I'm just clueless and can't wrap my head around the answer.”

“Why don't you ask Cleo?” A low rumble came from him and she sighed through the phone, “look, you only have a week. So I suggest you ask her in a way she won't get suspicious. Its the only way we can get answers.”  He rubbed the back of his neck as he thought about. It wasn't a great plan and Cleo would be involved but Basat did have a point. It wouldn't hurt to get her input on it.

“Alright. I'll see what I can find. Was there anymore information that could help us?”

“Unfortunately no. But some demi gods from the pits have gone missing as well. But until we know more there isn't much gran and grandpa want us to do.”

“I see.” Those old timers were definitely no help right now but he could understand why. After hanging up he paced back and forth before groaning. Looks like he didn't have a choice after all, he would just have to pray that Cleo didn't pry to much into what he asked.

***soooo I hope this is getting good for you. Until next time.****

~S