2.5 Ji YuLan - Five (1)

Začít od začátku

Finally, Zhu Hong and Ju Huang decided to call Mei Zi as Xiao Zi. Little Purple.

YuLan also found out that Xiao Zi had just celebrated her ninth birthday a few weeks ago, making her approximately four years older than YuLan herself. However, Xiao Zi was definitely on the small size for girls her age. 

Xiao Zi also did not talk much, which suited YuLan just perfectly. However, they had definitely grown closer together.After all, they were the only two girls brought back by Zhu Hong and Ju Huang to Chun Ping Gu valley. Both girls had bonded somewhat during the journey.

Although YuLan had heard about the valley and Ping sect, mainly through a lengthy narration from Ju Huang, she was still surprised when she saw the place. She thought such a place could only be found in storybooks or fairy tales.

She never thought she would be able to travel on flying swords - albeit piggybacking on someone else - to reach such a place.

Around the embankment of the lake, at least as far as the mist allowed her to see, quaint houses stood elegantly. They were built low on purpose, and none of them taller than two floors. It was to allow the cranes to fly relatively freely without any potential hazard for them.

Females of different ages were bustling about. Some were practicing martial-arts, some were meditating, some did simple farming, some were bathing in the lake. Everyone that was clothed wore an all-white attire, save for their waist-belts that were black in color.

Upon looking at their dumbstruck expressions, Ju Huang smiled proudly,

"Wait until you actually see the sect! This is just the outer valley, our first line of defence."

"Well, mainly it is a settlement for outer-disciples, disciples that are not yet capable of flight, or new disciples of our Ping sect"

"Like the both of you."

Zhu Hong gave them one last glance before walking to a figure standing a few feet away. Due to the hazy mist, YuLan could not make out the person's facial features. Only her elegant silhouette and long white hair swayed gently amidst the gentle breeze that was ever-blowing through the valley.

Combined with the all-white attire the person was wearing, as well as the white waist-belt, the person did not even look human.

"That is our shifu." Ju Huang noticed YuLan's gaze,

"You are quite lucky. Shifu must have some matter to do out here. Even I rarely see her outside her meditation room lately," Ju Huang winked lightly at her, then left to follow Zhu Hong, presumably to greet her shifu as well.

YuLan rolled her eyes mentally. She could not even see the other person's face. What was there to see? If there were no other people around, YuLan feared she might have thought of the exalted white-haired Sage as a ghost or demon. Although by this time, she really wondered if ghosts or demons might actually exist.