1: Hiking Adventure

T I F F A N Y

"Can you tell me how long will we reach on the top?" Sooyoung asked while we're walking up to the mountain.

"Hmm, probably three to four hours." I answered. I heard her groan and keep it up with me, "Seriously? What are we looking for, Fany?" she asked again as she looked at me. I rolled my eyes and sighs, "An artifact that proves that ancient people exist." I responded.

"Ancient? Really?" She scoffed in disbelief, "Listen, you're not an archaeologist like your brother. Why not call him instead of me?"

"Because, he's busy. He hasn't replied on my text messages or answered my call." I sighed again, "I don't want to bother him right now."

"How about Seohyun? She loves adventures, you know?"

"She loves adventures, and you know where she is now?" I said with a bored eye contact, "She's in China."

I kept quiet as we walk up to the mountain, the temperature slowly dropping down as we ascend on the top of the mountain. I felt the breeze of cold air and I looked up and saw dark clouds forming.

Sooyoung also looked up and saw the sky, "I think it's gonna rain." she said. "We should find a shelter."

As we keep on walking up, I saw stoned stairway up to the mountain. I tapped Sooyoung's shoulder, "Hey, look!" I pointed on the stairway and we quickly walk upstairs and we saw an old, old temple.

We got inside the temple and saw old statues, most of the statues were creepy. They look like gargoyles or something. "I've never seen like this before." I said as I was looking those statue.

"Tiffany, come here. You have to see this!" Sooyoung called me and I walked towards her.

She pointed a painting, there's a woman wearing black luxurious hanbok with a crown sitting in a throne of something with two humanoid bats on her side. "This is... I don't know... absurd?" I said as I shake my head.

"Is she a queen?" Sooyoung asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, but I can't tell when is her term of existence. I never saw a queen wearing all black hanbok and two monsters guarding her."

Few moments later, the rain starts falling hard. We set up our tents and lights inside the temple, the sun is setting so we can't go back down from the mountain. Maybe we should sleep for a night.

We ate canned foods and slept inside the tent.

The lights outside is flickering and it wakes me up, then I saw someone passes through the light. "H-hey..." I tapped Sooyoung but she is in a deep sleep. I sighed and opened the tent and went out, the rain is non-stop.

I looked at the outside and I saw a figure standing not far from here, then the lightning flashes and saw a woman wearing black clothes, her eyes were red, and looking at me.

"Hey! Why are you there? You'll get sick!" I shouted but she was just standing there, "Aish!" I went outside and the rain gets heavier. I walked towards her but she start walking away, "Hey! Do you hear me?! Get back here!" I shouted again.

I walked down to follow the woman but my foot slipped in a slippery mud, "AHH!" I screamed as I am sliding down to the slope. Then I caught myself in a strong branch and I looked down, I saw the woman again. She was standing in the slope like she could handle the steepness of it, she's looking at me, emotionless.

Then I heard a snap and I slide down again, "AHHH!" I screamed again before my body caught some piles of stones. I groaned in pain and saw the stones were falling, I protect my head from the falling stones and my mind began to blacken.

My eyes were half open and I saw the woman again, but my sight is blurry and I can feel someone carried me. I heard her saying...

"Poor child, you must have been lost."

• • •

Hiking Adventure