Forehead Ribbon and Rabbits

Start from the beginning

“Second brother Lan, are you listening to me?” Wei WuXian observe him and looked around before leaning close to his ear and whispered “Are you still drunk? or perhaps a hang over?”

“No” was his quick reply and he was able to see the white ribbon on Wei WuXian’s head when he leaned closer, his missing forehead ribbon became a hair tie. “My ribbon” he murmured and Wei WuXian looked at him before nodding 

“oh yes that! you tied it my hair last night, when you fell asleep you are holding my hair tie so tight i cant pry it off your hand so i used this instead” he smiled and lifted the ribbon looking at it. “Although ive been receiving strange looks from the other disciples also ZeWu-jun looked shocked, i wonder why. i just told him you slept well last night without problem”

“Brother saw you?” Wei WuXian nodded and grinned. Lan Wangji didnt know what to feel, for starters Wei WuXian looked good with his ribbon tied on his hair but at the same time he could not help but feel embarrassed that his older brother saw Wei WuXian prancing with his forehead ribbon, the other probably didnt know the meaning behind their sect’s forehead ribbon but Lan Wangji still felt his stomach knot and tips of his ear a bit red. 

“Here” Lan Wangji handed him his red hair tie and Wei WuXian gladly took it removing the white ribbon his long hair cascading down his shoulders and Lan Wangji stared at him, unmoving but making sure to print that image on his head. Wei WuXian once again set his hair back into a ponytail using his red ribbon now to tie them, once he was finished he handed the white Forehead ribbon to Lan Wangji but Lan Wangji only stared at it. 

“Keep it” Lan Wangji said and turned to walk to walk to the location where the lecture was, Lan Wangji glanced at the other who looked at the ribbon a bit shocked before smiling to himself he followed Lan Wangji, retelling him the happenings yesterday when he got drunk. 

 After the lecture ended, Lan Wangji strolled around, he saw Lan XiChen along his way and they talked for a bit, Lan Wangji explained the situation about the forehead ribbon and his elder brother only patted his shoulder smiled at him and left. 

Lan Wangji stood still on his hand a bowl of stripped carrots,while standing he noticed the white fluffy rabbit hopped towards his direction the black one following behind, Lan Wangji slowly crouched down and started feeding the fluff balls, that is until he noticed there is a extra white rabbit hopping around. it seems that the two invited a friend over and Lan Wangji didnt mind after all. 

“Oh, they became three! “

Lan Wangji looke back and saw Wei WuXian walking towards him and flopped down sitting beside him he smiled and Lan Wangji looked at him before looking away and back to the rabbits.

“mm” A sound of acknowledgement from Lan Wangji was heard. 

“look at them fussing over you, they won't even come near me” Wei WuXian pouted a bit as he tried to poke one who hopped away from him. 

Lan Wangji looked at Wei WuXian grabbed his hand turned it over and placed some strips of carrots on his open palm. “Be gentle, dont scare them” 

Wei WuXian blinked and looked at the carrots on his palm and chuckled “Ah fine, lets see” he slowly offered it to the white fluff. the white rabbit stared at it for a moment and started nibbling at the food given to him, Wei WuXian slowly patted it's head and laughed “haha! it worked!” after the loud laugh the rabbit jolted and hopped back towards Lan Wangji. 

“Dont scare it” Lan Wangji murmured and patted the white fluff ball, the other two also hopped around looking for his attention. 

Wei WuXian looked at this scene, Lan Wangji’s stoic face while playing with rabbits, he thought at first what a sight would it be. now that he saw it he cant help but find it cute.