confession

"Lynn, I think I like you, I like you more than a friend, I thi-" she lets out a short sigh "I think I love you..." Maree looks down ashamed, fidgeting with her fingers. I just stare at her in shock at the words. Does she really love me? Do I... feel the same?

Before I realise what I'm doing I touch her shoulder, making her look up. As soon as she faces me I lean towards her, closing my eyes as I kiss her lips. Her lips feel soft and warm. I sit back up to see her reaction. I see a tear falling from her eye and I wipe it away, the palm of my hand remaining on her cheek. " I'm just really happy" she says with a smile and more tears rolling down her pink cheeks. I smile back and lean in for a hug. "I love you too" I say, making my stomach feel weird again. After Maree has calmed down we hold hands while looking out over the water.

"When did you fall in love with me" I say breaking the silence. Not that the silence was uncomfortable, it was accualy pretty nice, I just want to talk to her more. "I liked you from the first time I saw you but I think I fell in love around 3 days after we met, I didn't do a very good job at keeping it secret" Maree tells me with a smile. I giggle at her answer and she laughs with me. "How about you? When did you fall in love with me?" She asks me, looking at me.

"I realised I love you about 2 days ago, but I've been feeling weird for longer and I couldn't get you out of my head" I say before laying back down. I see her smiling at me, clearly satisfied with my answer. She leans down and kisses me again and I kiss back.

A/n
Sorry for the short chapter, I just wanted to update and I write my chapters at night in one go and I'm currently pretty tired. I don't really know how I want to continue the story yet so the next update might take a while again (suggestions for the story and constructive criticism are always very welcome) anyways I will try my best to come up with new ideas soon so for now good night and thank you for reading.