Sweet Like Sugar

Amir Winners

<<7:52, Friday>>

_________________
"He owns me. He owns us. He gave us everything we own as if he was God, and at my disobedience, it could all be stripped away"

               "Babe" I ignore Jefferey and continue to get ready for work. "Babe" He says with a little more force. I take the toothbrush out of my mouth and face him.

                "What?"

                 "I don't know why they got my baby working like that" He said trying to pretend like he wasn't going to bring the next bitch in here and fuck her in the guest room.

                "Well somebody has to keep the lights on" He gives me a bored expression in response. He always got his panties in a bunch every time I brung up the fact that I worked and he stayed at home and got his dick wet. He acts like he can't get up off his ass but in reality, my corporation has offered him a position several times.

               "Mir' you act like I like you taking care of me" He said as while I put on my slacks. "You know since day one taking care of you is my top priority"

               "So get up off your ass and do something!" I fussed grabbing my sweater and putting it over my head.

                 "I'm bout sick of this attitude you got" He muttered through clench teeth as he takes hold of my arm. "We go through this damn fight everyday. I do not want to work with you in the same building-" I snatched my arm away from him and marched down the stairs.

               "I guess that's what I get for getting myself into a downlow relationship, huh?" I said sarcastically. He pushed me before I could reach the last step but I landed on my hands.

                "Fuck you. Leave"

                 Without another word, I grabbed my keys and slammed the front door behind me. I wipe the escaping tears with my sleeve and sniffle.

Alexis Pryce: Coffee, French vanilla, cream, bagel, you

                My boss texts me his morning order and I pull myself together and speed off to the nearest Panera Bread. I was late all, I gotta be on time today

<<

                So, inevitably, there were a bunch of white women who didn't know what the fuck they wanted and traffic only added insult to injure.

                Unable to knock, I use my shoulder to push through the door, my hands full. I greeted with Mr. Pryce and his usual disapproving look. He takes the coffee from the holder and looks me over with slant eyes while he make sure his drink is to his liking.

              "Too much sugar" He throws it in the trash and comes back to me to snatch the bag that held his bagel.  "You have a shit ton of work to do before lunch, we have a meeting at 1, and I need you to stay late"

                "I don't think-" He shoves a pile of cream folders and papers.

                "Filed and Faxed" When I turn around to leave with an eye roll, his fat hands slam down on my right butt.