More Light Than Heat

Start from the beginning

My mom's head slightly turned as if she was watching a documentary on bees.

So I continued, "And the others are busy. Elliot one's phone is off because she's studying for her collage finals and Elliot second isn't much of a help I guess." 

"You know," Dad said, "Don't underestimate that American guy. He can have some wild ideas."

"Uncle Elliot? Isn't he as crazy as the twins but with a higher IQ level and a deeper side?" I shook my little head which was filled with wonder.

"You said it," My father winked at me, "a higher IQ level and a deeper side." 

I wasn't sure of the idea really, I haven't spent much time with Uncle Elliot because he's often working, continuing his collage studies or doing whatever. But I guess it wouldn't harm checking on him or Aunt Ellie.

-

My father stopped the car in front of a tall building. I got out of the car and waved good bye to my father, then made my way up the sixth floor.

I knocked on the apartment's door three times, every five minutes but no body answered. This wasn't Aunt Ellie and Uncle Elliot's house, well it was their's but it was a second small apartment for collage studies or taking a stand after a small fight. But they spent most of their time in this cozy apartment than their actual home.

I was lost in my little world staring into the crimson color of the apartment door until a raspy voice guided me back to reality.

"Nice door isn't it?"

I looked at a tall man with messy hair and dark eyes, two times my age holding a bouquet of neat pink roses.

"Hey Uncle Elliot."

"Uncle Elliot?" He asked as he unlocked the door. 

"Well you're like a brother for all the siblings of your wife and my dad. " I shrugged.

"Yeah but, Uncle Elliot? " He said in his same tone.

"Uncle E?"

"Nah that's like a rapper's name." He waved the bouquet.

"So what's the bouquet for?"

"Eliot" He said smiling warmly at the bouquet like it was Elliot herself.

"Why?" I said slowly when I could feel the grin on my face.

"Because it's our fifth marriage anniversary." He looked at me then at a picture of Elliot and him on their wedding day.

"But why pink? I thought Elliot hated pink." I questioned.

"She did but I was preparing for a surprise anniversary party." His height increases as he started standing on his tiptoes then his heels repeatedly.

"That's so sweet!" I smiled, "But knowing Elliot, she loathes pink!"

"I hope she wouldn't mind. I got them at the last minute from a flower shop." He started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Well the woman from the shop was Elliot's and my therapist from high school." He facepalmed.

"You guys needed a therapist? Not surprised." I smiled.

"Yes, and apparently she's still a therapist but runs a small flower shop two blocks from here. Now shoo, I need to bake a cake." He said quickly as he looked at his clock.

"A pink cake?" I said sarcastically  as I was exiting the door.

"Ugh it would take a miracle to finish this!" He said without acknowledging my question.