Chapter 4

The next day was pretty uneventful. I woke up went to school, Dairy and soda picked me up. I did my homework, fixed dinner while pony was at the movies and went to bed.
I did notice that pony was a bit later than normal, he missed dinner, but Darry said he'd stay up and wait for him so I didn't worry.

-------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to yelling coming from the living room, so I went to investigate. Pony was late again, and Darry was yelling at him. I walk through the doorway just in time to see Darry slap Pony hard across face, and it took him to the ground. We all just froze for a second.

" oh my, pony, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" Darry pleated, but it was too late, Pony was already out the door.

I stood there in the doorway, stuck, was shocked and with fear. I was shaking. Darry ran out onto the porch and called after Pony.
I didn't move.
Soda saw me and shook me gently.
I didn't move.
I saw his mouth move, forming words, but I didn't hear anything. A static full of my own thoughts and fears blaring out everything else.
I didn't move.

Soda pop grab my face and forced me to look at him. At his eyes. I saw the same fear and worried that I was feeling. I fell into soda and continue shaking in his arms, holding on tight. I wasn't crying, I didn't know what I was feeling. Everything happened so fast I was just in shock.

Eventually soda got me to calm down, but I was still shaking a bit. I sat down and living room with Darry. Soda had gone back to bed telling us that pony would be back in the morning, but I could tell he was worried. So, I sat with Darry and he told me what happened. His eyes seemed more sunken in and his elbows were on his knees and his head in his hands. I've never seen Darry look so......scared. It was a bit unnerving.

He wanted to stay on the porch and wait for Pony, but it was freezing outside and he had to work in the morning. It took me nearly an hour to convince Darry to go back to bed.

( again, not a very long chapter that I wanted to get something out to y'all)