chapter 22

Christmas time finally came around the corner, bringing cheerful attitude in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana.

Julia sat in her room listening to 'Jingle Bell Rock'. She laid on her bed with her feet resting against her headboard, her eyes gazed upon the ceiling.

A car horn beeped from outside her house. "Dusty your ride is here!" Her mother yelled from the living room. She instantly smiled and ran out of her room.

She huddled herself tighter into her navy blue sweater. She knocked on the bathroom door, "you almost ready bud?" She asked through the door.

"Almost. Just go wait in the car!" Dustin yelled through the door. She nodded to herself and headed outside, quickly giving her mother a kiss on the forehead.

She opened the back door to Steve's car, giving him a quick peck on his lips. "Hello gorgeous." He smiled as her warmth enveloped his body.

"Evening handsome." She cheekily smiled at him, running her hands through his hair. "Wheres the other Henderson?"

"He's in the bathroom." Steve nodded his head before turning on the radio, singing along to the Christmas tunes that played.

He turned it off immediately once the front door slammed shut. Dustin entered the car, his hair styled completely different. He has used Farah Faucet spray, that Steve had given him, to pipe his hair up.

Julia's eyes winded at the sight, her brothers hair adding a couple of inches to his height. "Wow" Julia and Steve breathed out.

"What? Does it look bad? Shit-" Dustin frantically looked in the mirror. "Dust! It looks amazing, it's just something new that's all!" Julia rubbed her brothers shoulder in support.

He took some deep breaths before Steve began to drive to Hawkins Middle School. 2 cheerful songs later, they pulled up to the entrance of the gymnasium.

"Alright buddy, here we are. So remember once you get in there..." Steve started, Julia rolled her eyes in exasperation and leaned back into her seat.

"Pretend like I don't care." Dustin finished. "You don't care." "I don't care." "There you go. Youre learning my friend." She pinched the bridge of her nose and quietly sighed.

Dustin looked in the rear view mirror once more to take another glance at himself. "Hey." Steve softly pushed his hand away from the mirror.

"What?" Dustin brushed a curl out of his face. "Come on. You look great, okay? You look great." Julia smiled as Steve spoke those words.

"Now you're gonna go in there-" "yeah." "Look like a million bucks." "Yeah!" "And you're gonna slay em dead." "Like a lion." Dustin purred which caused Julia to lightly cringe.

"Don't do that, okay?" Julia snorted at the interaction between the two. Steve and Dustin gave each other a hand shake, and with that Dustin left the car.

Julia left the back seat to sit in the front. As she sat in the seat, she reached over and wrapped her arms around him. "What was that for?" He mumbled into her neck.

"It makes me so happy to know you guys have a good friendship." "And why is that?" Steve questioned, tilting his head.

"I want my brother and boyfriend to have a good friendship of course." Julia's face immediately heated up at her words.