Chapter 1: Serenade

Bắt đầu từ đầu

You could tell the winter season had passed based on the temperatures of the water. It had gone from frigid and ice cold, to an actually comfortable temperature. That was how you knew it was safe to hunt again. Tourists would be plentiful along the beach this time of year, and you'd be able to have your fill.

Cautiously dipping a foot into the water, you exhaled in relief at the comfortably warm temperature. The salt water felt like silk against your skin, much better than the frigid temperatures you'd had to endure for the months before. I need to figure out something different before next winter, you sighed to yourself. You jumped into the hole, transforming into your more true self. The entrance around your cave was barren as ever, most animals too scared to go anywhere near you. You quickly swam through the water, fins propelling you at lightning speeds towards the shore. You smiled at the sight of life that had returned to the ocean farther from your cave. Fish were swimming again, their beautiful colors lighting up the terrain. The sun shone brightly above, warming up the ocean in its entirety. It was a beautiful sight, one you had missed for so long.

You must've slept through the majority of the day, based on the crimson sunset you could see through the waves above you. You  propelled yourself through the water, up to the surface. As you breached above the sea, you felt the heat of the sun against your skin, a feeling you'd missed for so long. You looked at the shoreline half a mile away, it was sparsely populated, with only a few people littering the beach to watch the sunset. You just had to wait for them to leave. You knew the beach well, and knew that a few curious stragglers the stayed late after dark, intrigued by the ghost stories surrounding the location.

Most of the ghost stories began shortly after you'd made your residence at the beach. Stories of people coming back from their trips somehow different before, their bodies covered in bite marks and scars, their memories completely gone. You'd heard the rumors on your trips to land. Locals brushed it of as shark attacks and idiot tourists swimming in the dangerous currents after dark, while other people told stories of a mysterious woman lurking in the water, snatching up unsuspecting victims.

You floated through the water, letting the last glimmers of the sun warm your core. With the sun setting beyond the horizon, the last few tourists left the beach, leaving it desolate and abandoned. You swam closer, hiding yourself behind rocks as you waited for your next meal. You felt an aching in the pit of your stomach that you were desperate to fill. If you could find two people that would probably be enough to satisfy you. You clambered up on a rock, peaking your eyes over the top, waiting for some oblivious prey.

After what seemed like eternities of waiting, and countless internal renditions of '99 bottles', you saw a figure stumbling around alone on the beach. You hopped off the rock and slipped back into the water, swimming closer to the shore to get a better look. The person was a male, with tousled brown hair and a beer bottle in his hands. He was obviously drunk, stumbling clumsily along the beach in broken flip flops. This is almost too easy... you thought to yourself, kind of feeling bad for the poor inebriated bastard.

He plopped himself down on the beach, cackling to himself in his stupor. You looked around and smelled the air. He didn't seem to have any friends with him and he didn't have a very powerful or interesting quirk, he almost seemed too helpless. With a final breath of anticipation, you neared towards him, catching his attention as you swam for the beach.

"Woah wuh-the-fug? Why're you swimmin' here... 's dark" he yelled, standing up and walking towards you. As you drew near, you saw him gasp and blush as he took in the sight of you, your body completely naked under your long white locks. His eyes trailed down your body, stopping to galk at your radiant tail.

"What're you-" he started before you cut him off with the sound of your melodic voice.

"Hear my voice beneath the sea,