When Lightning Strikes

The rain thundered hard on Lapis's bedroom window. She sighed and closed her book. It was much too noisy to read under these weather conditions. She stood up to leave when she heard something.
"Woo-hoo!" someone shouted, somehow louder than the rain itself. Lapis opened the window a slither.
"Peridot?"
"Lazuli! Wonderful day to be out in the rain, isn't it?" the perky girl shouted in return.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm just enjoying this beautiful weather! Dancing in the rain!"
"Again? Isn't it starting to thunder?" Lapis looked on at the ominous clouds above. The sky shook with a mighty roar, "Whatever your doing, you need to keep it down. Want me to call with a noise complaint... again?"
Peridot skipped up to her scolding neighbor's porch with a mischievous smile. She picked up a handful of mud, and threw it up in Lapis's direction. Luckily, gravity made it plop harmlessly on the ground beside Peridot, splattering her pant leg.
"Hey!" Lapis shouted, furious. "Get away from my property!"
"What, is it illegal now to have fun?" she teased, wiggling her eye brows under her obnoxious yellow rain hat.
"Yes, Peridot. Trespass and vandalism of property is illegal,"
"Fine, fine. Party-pooper..."
Lapis squinted at the woman.
"What in the world are you wearing?"
"You like it? I picked it out myself!"
"I can tell,"
Peridot was wearing the most horrendous get up. Besides the yellow hat, she wore a teal tie-died t-shirt, Peach colored overalls with cream-colored swirls, that looked like they had been painted on, a green fabric belt with alien print, and tied around her waist over the belt was the ugliest raincoat ever. It was brown and covered in rainbow flowers, with peace signs in the middle. on her feet were knee high blue tie-died socks, stained with mud, and flashy purple rain boots covered in mud. Lapis almost threw up in her mouth. She wouldn't of been caught dead in something like that.
Peridot did a leap through the air and landed in the street again.
"You know, I wonder when we'll see a rainbow?" She shouted to Lapis. Lapis decided she'd had enough of talking to Little Miss Crazy, and went to close her window, which was letting in a bit of spray. She heard another grumble of thunder, and then a flash of very bright light flashed in the corner of her eye. Her face singed, and sparks flew. She flew back into the wall. The dim light of her room flickered out. She blinked a few times, and felt a searing heat down below. She rushed to her window. Her porch was on fire! She rushed downstairs, and grabbed the fire extinguisher.
"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit..."
She put out the flames, then breathed a sigh of relief. She still smelt something. Something that seemed a lot like burnt flesh. She looked up and screamed. Tears formed as she shakily reached for her phone in her back pocket.
"H-hello? 9-11?" She asked shakily, struggling to stay calm, "I have an emergency,"