Chapter 8 A table for two?

Start from the beginning

He took my hand and held it tight. My heart beating out of control. His face was serious as we walked next to eachother through the city. He was totally comfortable while I was a nervous wreck. This was all so new to me. Sure I once or twice held hands with Changkyun but he's mybest friend so it's not the same. I wonder if Jooheon had a lot of girlfriends or just love interests. Was he really interested in girls like Barbie?
"Jooheon" I accidentally said out loud. His head turned into my direction as he quickly nodded to show me he was listening. "Uhm...I...last night..." he interrupted me and I was never more thankful for that then now. "Was amazing I know. How about we talk about that when we're eating?" A small smile on his facr as he said that, like he felt uncomfortable with it. I felt how my hand got sweaty and so did he. He laughed a little, eyes on our hands. "Nervous?" he asked. Of course he had to make a comment. "I'm sorry...you can let go if you want." I said, hoping he didn't mind. "Nah, I don't mind. It's kinda cute." He said, squeezing my hand a little. YES! My thoughts shouted.

After a few more minutes of walking we arrived at a restaurant. I took a quick look at the menu before we entered. Still holding my hand we both looked around for a free table. A waiter crossed our way giving us a quick "Can I help you?" he stopped in front of us. "Yes Lucas you can." Jooheon said to him. Lucas? They knew each other? "Jooheon! It's been a while. What brings you here? Did you miss me?" he asked. Jooheon simply helt our locked hands up. "Just grabbing something to eat with my date." he smiled at me while talking to Lucas, who pointed at an empty table. We walked over there and sat down. "A table for two. Who would have thought I'd ever get that." I thought out loud. "What was that?" Jooheon asked. "Nothing never mind." I quickly answered.
We ordered some dumplings and then there was silence. Both of us not wanted to bring up last night we awkwardly sat there. "Yuriko..." Jooheon started. I lifted my head and looked at him. "You look very beautiful." he said and I felt how I blushed immediately. "Stop! You're always either making me blush or nervous!" I said without thinking. He looked at me. "Oh really? I am?" he smiled at me. "No! Wait! Gosh!" my head was a mess. I covered my eyes with my hands. "Aww babe." He took my hands. "You know I really liked our kiss last night." he smiled but it wasn't the lovely and warm smile he just had a moment ago, it was something else.
"What kiss?!" Changkyun appeared next to us. Oh great! Why does life always hate me? "Yuri?! What kiss!?" he asked again. "Hey Changshit! We're on a date you're interrupting!" Jooheon said still smiling. He kinda seemed to be enjoying the fact that Changkyun was furious. "I don't remember asking you Joohoe!" Changkyun fired at him. "Wow!" Jooheon started clapping. "That was such a good comeback! Your mommy would be so proud." He said standing up "You know what..." Changkyun started but I interrupted him, standing up as well. "Okay stop! Please both of you!" The people already started to look at us. "Yuriko! You've got one hell of explaining to do! Let's go!" Changkyun said and grabbed my wrist. Before I could even say something, Jooheon slapped his arm away. He walked over to my side of the table and placed his body in front of mine like a protective animal. "Don't fucking touch her." he said. Changkyun started laughing. "Who's gonna stop me? You?" he said pushing him a little. I rolled my eyes. "Yes me!" Jooheon grabbed his collar again like the other day. That's when I grabbed his arm. "Jooheon please! Stop!" Jooheon looked at me for just a split second. He pushed Changkyun away from us which made him stumbled and fall. There was loud gasping in the restaurant. All heads turned into our direction. Lucas, the waiter from earlier ran up to us. His expression was disappointed as he pointed with his  finger to the exit. "I've got to ask you to leave please." he said witha soft voice.

I shook my head and walked out. Without checking if any of the others followed me I just walked out. Lately only embarrassing moments happen to me. Jooheon and Changkyun appeared outside just a few seconds after me. "Yuri, I'm...I'm sorry." It was Jooheon who spoke. He took my hand but Changkyun pulled me away from him. "Yeah for sure!" Changkyun spit the words out. "Any other lie you want to tell her?!" He asked. "ENOUGH ALREADY!" I now yelled. "This is so stupid! What's wrong with you guys?! We are out in public and you've got nothing better to do than act like a bunch of stupid kids and embarrass us all!" They both looked at me a bit shocked. "I'm trying to protect you Yuri!" Changkyun said. "I don't need protection! I'm old enough to look out for myself!" I fired at him. It hurt me to talk like that with Changkyun. I knew he was doing this because he was afraid I got hurt but still I didn't want him to behave the way he just did.  "Obviously you need me more than I thought , or you wouldn't have kissed that asshole!" Changkyun said. He was mad, sad and frustrated all at the same time. Jooheon was surprisingly quiet for the whole time. "Maybe I should just leave. Seems like you have a lot to talk about." Jooheon now said. He slowly walked backwards before he turned around. My heart broke once again. "No! Jooheon wait..." But he kept walking. "Thank you very much!" I shouted at Changkyun before I started walking after Jooheon amd away from him. "You might not know it now but, I'm only helping you." he whispered loud enough for me to hear. I didn't turn around and kept on looking for Jooheon.
Why is he always so fast? That's when I saw him standing at the bus stop. He was on the phone. I walked over to him and stopped in front of him. "Jooheon." he looked at me surprised. "Yuri? Why are you here? You should go." He said. I wasn't sure if he really wanted me gone. "I thought we had a date?" I asked and gave him a small smile. He sighed. "I don't want you to fight with your questionable best friend. You should go." he said again. I let my head down. "But..." I stopped myself from talking because honestly I didn't knew what to say anymore. "Fine...then I'll go home. T-Thanks anyway for everything." I said and turned around. My head and heart aching from everything that has happened this evening.
A cold hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me close. "Damn! What are you doing?!" he said. He hugged me tight and I buried my face in his chest. "What do you mean?" I mumbled into his shirt. "Nothing." he said and grabbed my cheeks. "You're crazy that's all." he whispered before he leaned in to kiss me.

I opened the door to my bedroom as I nearly jumped at the wall. "CHANGKYUN! What are you doing here! You scared the shit out of me." I whisper yelled. He didn't rise his head he just sat there on my bed. "Changkyun?" I asked as I walked over to him. "You kissed him..." He whispered. "Why did you kissed him?" he asked. And I swear there were some tears in his eyes. "Changkyun..." "After everything you know about him...you kissed him." he said. "I...I...Yes. Okay yes I kissed him and I don't regret it okay. Changkyun I know you hate him for whatever reason, but it so happens he is really nice to me." I said sitting next to him. "Nice? Yes he's so nice that he made you cry tge other day. Seriously what happened between I hate him and I kissed him." He asked frustrated. "Ugh I don't know. He just came by to apologize and then he kissed me alright! That's all." I said tired of this conversation.
"Great. That's great. So you're a thing now? I mean are you a couple?" he asked. His voice now sounded tired too. "No we're not." I said and leaned my head on his shoulder. "Good." he whispered and kissed my hair. We laid down and I snuggled up on him. "I love you Yuri!" he said. "More than you might believe." He whispered but I was to tired to answere and drifted off to sleep.