Welcome Home

Don't want to call you in the nighttime
Don't want to give you all my pieces
Don't want to hand you all my troubles
Don't want to give you all my demons
You'll have to watch me struggle
From several rooms away
But tonight, I need you to stay.
-Twenty One Pilots

Rosie
Those two months were finally over. Within hours, Dan and the others would be coming home. I was thrilled, and I even skipped the studio that day to pick him up from the airport. I had a little bit of anxiety about seeing him after two months.

Maybe he's forgotten all about you.

It was possible. Johnny had struggled with his ex girlfriend. Things were so intense that they broke up. The same thing went with Amy's past two boyfriends. Long distance was nobody's friend.

Maybe he's found someone better.

Another possibility. Women all over the world loved Dan, and he could have whoever. My thoughts were betting on a 26 year-old blond woman with tan skin. Or a flawless ginger girl with a flawless smile.

It's just the fear.

But fear has always proven me right.

As I drove to the airport, one of my songs came on the radio. Immortal. I tried to enjoy it, but my nerves kicked in and I turned stations. The news came on.

"There has been an anonymous serial killer in South London. He seems to be targeting women and small children. Whoever it is, watch yourself, and if you know anything, please call."

Serial killer...

.....

It was 1:30 am. None of them had arrived yet. I knew the plane wouldn't come in until after midnight, but this was ridiculous. The airport was so empty and quiet that it was making me nervous. I could've fallen asleep on one of the chairs. And then I did.

"That's not a very good idea, you could get mugged." A woman's voice said to me.

I lifted my head up. I finally opened my eyes to see someone with short blond hair, and very familiar face. Still, I couldn't put my finger on it.

"True," I said, feeling myself smirk. "Very true. I've been here for over an hour."

"I've only just arrived." she said. "I'm here for my fiance, how about you?"

"I'm picking up my boyfriend."

"You must be Rosie." she said. "My name is Chrissy."

"You know, I thought I'd seen you before. I've heard a lot about you."

She laughed. "I've heard so much about you. When I was first heard that Dan was head over heels for someone, I couldn't help but listen. I've been really happy for him."

"Has he never had a girlfriend before?"

She shrugged. "I wouldn't say never. There have been a couple of women he's went on a few dates with. But he was never actually dating anyone. For a while, everyone was worried about him."

"Worried?"

"I guess that's the word to use. He's been such a workaholic as long as I've known him. Woody says he never really saw anyone in a romantic way."

"Hello, sweet Rose!" I heard the familiar sound of Dan's voice whispering against the back of my neck.

I turned around and felt his right hand stroking my shoulder.

"I've missed you so much." I said, on the verge of tears.

"Oh I've missed you more." He smiled, trailing his hands over my back, pulling me up out of my seat and lifting me into his arms. I was in shock, considering how skinny he was.

I then planted a small kiss on the top of his head. "Please don't drop me."

He still didn't put me down, and I was suprised that he was even able to lift my 5 feet and 7 inches. My legs dangled at his hips. I carefully kissed him again, and then I hugged him tighter.

"Are you ready to go home?" I asked.

"Yeah," he laughed. "Unless you want to camp out here."

Kyle came into my view. "You joke about it, Dan, but think of all the things we could do, you know, in an empty airport! That would be bloody hysterical!"

I laughed, carefully jumping down from Dan's arms. I trailed off towards Kyle and hugged him around the skinny torso. "I missed you too, Kyle."

"See that, Daniel! She missed me too! Probably more!"

I walked back to Dan. I grabbed his suitcase. "I'll carry it. You're probably suffering jetlag pretty bad."

Woody walked dizzily towards Chrissy. "Not as bad as me. Jet lag."

"Let's go home." she replied. "I'll see you all soon."

I turned back to Dan and Kyle. "Where's Will?"

"He's on a different plane, with our crew members." said Dan. "It won't be back here until Monday."

"Oh." I said. "Kyle, do you need me to drive you home too?"

"Yep!"

"Well let's go. I have to drop both of you off at your houses before I can even attempt to go to bed."

"Do you want me to drive?" Dan asked me. So considerate, even though he was exhausted.

"No thanks." I responded. "I'm still getting used to my car, so I need as much time as possible."

......

"Thanks Rosie!" Kyle yelled as he walked into his enormous house.

"No problem!" I said, rolling Dan's widow up.

I put the car back into drive. "Now you."

"It's a good thing Kyle's house was first. Now I get you all to myself, after all those weeks."

We spent the ride catching up on the past two months. I found his stories very fascinating. Although he was tired, he fought to stay away just to cherish our time together. Finally, I made it to his flat.

"Get some sleep," I said, helping him through the door.

"No Rosie." He said. "I haven't seen you in nearly two months. I haven't talked to you in person, held your hand, nothing."

I grabbed a hold of his hand. "It's okay Dan. I'm right here."

He made his way to the couch, pulling me down with him. He curled up in the usual position he had, and I followed him to it, leaning on him. He carefully stroked the side of my face. I ran my hands in his hair.

"I love you Rosaline."

That was heavy. If my heart hadn't been pounding the night he kissed me, it sure was now. It was the first time he had said the L word.

"I love you too."