12 - It Evaded Me

"Look, I'm fine," Bucky drawled as he slid down against the fridge. "Look, see, it evaded me."

Steve eyed him suspiciously. "So you haven't caught the flu."

"Mmnope," he replied casually as he scratched his chin and looked up at him. Steve leaned down to his level.

"Uh-huh," he said slowly as he regarded him. Bucky smiled stupidly and nodded, catching his head from falling forward. Steve sighed and picked him up. Bucky protested, but had no real energy to move besides flail his legs.

"Lemme down, I'm fine," he complained.

"Yeah? Hold your head up for a minute."

Bucky glared up at him, focusing on keeping his head steady, although it felt heavy and stuffed. His head slid against his shoulder and he huffed, his entire body aching. He allowed himself to go limp as Steve carried him to bed.

"Not sick," Steve scoffed to himself as he got Bucky into bed.

"'M really not," he insisted weakly.

"Right."

Bucky was sick for two weeks. Two entire weeks of being bed-ridden, stuffed-nosed and miserable. When it was finally over, Steve, who had been playing nurse, was relieved.

Until he himself fell sick.

////

"Why did you do this to me," he groaned as he closed his eyes and sniffled. Bucky awwed and patted his cheek affectionately.

"Don't worry, Stevie, I'll be a better nurse than you could ever be."

Steve scowled up at him. "Hey!"

Bucky smiled and kissed the top of his head.

////

Ah! Short! Sick! Like me! Sorry! Tomorrow's will be longer because I'll actually have time for once. :)