"Take a sniff." Hesitantly, Niall does as he's told, the surprisingly sweet but musky scent fills his nose. It actually smells exactly like his dad's natural scent.

Almost immediately, it draws out a sharp gasp from the merman when his vision suddenly goes black, and his body go limp.

But that darkness doesn't last for long because he soon sees a blurred outline of two figures.

A merfolk and a human.

The vision clears up, revealing a merman and a lady... a human lady, and on closer inspection, Niall immediately takes notice of the familiar turquoise tail and dirty blonde hair.

It's his father. A much younger version of him, that is.

He looks at the lady, she's beautiful, Niall thinks. She's wearing a deep purple summer dress, has shoulder length brown hair and bright blue eyes which seem to be shining. Is that... his mother?

The plain white background shifts to the beach, golden sand, clear blue sky and bright sun. His father is in the water, with the lady sitting on a wooden pier, legs dipped into the water. The couple is smiling brightly, laughing whole heartedly, with nothing but love and joy shining in their eyes. Niall can't help but to smile softly at the sight. Is this how he stares at Harry? He probably looks like a love-sick idiot, but it doesn't matter because he's so bloody happy whenever he's with Harry.

They kiss, and Niall can literally feel all the love radiating off of them.

The figures go blurry once again, the scene completely disappearing into a cloud of white smoke. Niall was about to question what was happening, but he stops himself when another image appears. This time, the couple seem to be in an isolated cave, up on land with his father seated on the rocky ground and the lady right next to him.

"We want a boy." He hears the familiar voice of his father say, this time, the couple looking slightly older than they were before.

"A boy, eh?" Niall's eyes widen when he hears the voice of the sea enchantress. And soon, her figure appears too, opposite the couple, with a big black bowl in between them.

"How do you want him to look like? Muscular? Tall? Tan? Sharp features?" She asks.

The couple exchange glances with a soft smile. "However he turns out is perfectly fine with us."

The sea enchantress shrugs nonchalantly. "Alright... but don't blame me if he comes out looking like an anglerfish." She says, causing the couple to roll their eyes.

"Pass me your hands." She says, then reaches out for the couple's hands, the lady's first.

She then grabs what looks like a shark's tooth, before pricking her finger, causing her to hiss in pain. Very quickly, she grabs a glass tube, letting the blood drip into the tube.

She does the same to Niall's father, repeating the same procedure of collecting his blood into the test tube. She swirls it slightly, the thick red blood mixing together.

Into the black bowl that sits between them, she pours the drops of blood in there, before going over to the shelves of potions sitting behind her. She grabs one that's in a deep, royal blue colour, together with one that's pure white.

Her thumb flicks the cork off each bottle, before she's pouring just one drop of the blue coloured liquid into the black bowl that already holds the mixed blood.

Immediately, bright, sparkling dust swirls in the air above like a glorious cloud. Unlike confetti or glitter, gravity had no way to make it fall. Althea, closes her icy blue eyes, lips parting as short chants leave her lips.